The City Open Forum
NLS Watch - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NLS Watch (/showthread.php?tid=1623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NLS Watch - TP1 - 16-04-2023

No one mathematically relegated yet, but it doesn’t look good for Hungerford after their 5-1 tonking yesterday.

RE: NLS Watch - Daveangel - 16-04-2023

Their defeat at bottom Club Concord on Tuesday did for them I think. They’ve done pretty amazingly to compete for so long (and even flirt with the play offs twice) on such a tiny budget and with such a small number to draw a fanbase from.
Hope they can consolidate in the SLP, which is still probably above their natural level.

RE: NLS Watch - Joe - 16-04-2023

Yep, their time is up sadly. Done well at that level for a few years now. Hopefully they bounce back.

Initially when the new chairman was announced I wondered if there were any players or staff we might want from Hungerford. Seeing how our seasons have diverged though, I'm not sure they'd have anyone up to our required standard. Hard to jump from relegated in the South to play-off contenders in the North.

RE: NLS Watch - Darran - 16-04-2023

Yes lets hope the Chambers have a clean break as we don't really want any players or manger from a team who have just been relegated.

RE: NLS Watch - Paul - 02-05-2023

3334 watched Dulwich Hamlet get relegated at home to Chippenham. Their attendances have been NL level for most of the season.

RE: NLS Watch - Daveangel - 02-05-2023

Mental that they’ve gone down with gates like that to fund them!

RE: NLS Watch - Darran - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 08:50 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  Mental that they’ve gone down with gates like that to fund them!
Hired a manager who was way out of his depth and by the time they sacked him it had almost become too late.

RE: NLS Watch - Severnside - 02-05-2023

With gates at circa 3000 Dulwich given the player catchment in London should be knocking on league 2 's door, certainly in NL.
I read that Hungerfords manager has been asked to stay on but he said he's going to take a few weeks out to consider his next steps.....

RE: NLS Watch - Daveangel - 02-05-2023

Should SK decide that a fully PT model isn’t for him, then the job would be advertised, and I’m sure there would be a number of applicants. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if DR was one of them.

RE: NLS Watch - Darran - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Severnside Wrote:  With gates at circa 3000 Dulwich given the player catchment in London should be knocking on league 2 's door, certainly in NL.
I read that Hungerfords manager has been asked to stay on but he said he's going to take a few weeks out to consider his next steps.....

It isn't just about numbers through the gate though. They aren't a side who have a big backer so all their money is through the crowd numbers which yes gives them a decent budget and one that should see them in the play-offs, but they would be far from having the biggest budget in the league. Also if you hire the wrong manger then you are in trouble. They hired a man who was so out of his depth that it is hard to see why they hired him in the first place. You only have to look at Groves and Mansell and compare them to what King has done to see that hiring the right manager is crucial.

(02-05-2023, 11:17 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  Should SK decide that a fully PT model isn’t for him, then the job would be advertised, and I’m sure there would be a number of applicants. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if DR was one of them.

He will be dreading us getting promoted as it is hard enough to make a case for him to be our manager next season at this level let alone in the league above. He should stick with Hungerford and try and get them promoted again as that is more his level.