The City Open Forum
League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Darran - 23-06-2020

You gambled big time on getting back out of the Conference at the first time of asking, but you had the right manger in charge and he won you the league that season. If you hadn't been promoted that season I think you would have been in big trouble.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Si Robin - 24-06-2020

That's a fair point - there's no secret we were boom or bust that season.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Daveangel - 24-06-2020

(24-06-2020, 08:27 AM)Si Robin Wrote:  That's a fair point - there's no secret we were boom or bust that season.

It worked though.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Darran - 25-06-2020

(24-06-2020, 08:59 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  It worked though.

I think Johnson would have got any of the top teams up that season. He was that big a difference in my view as I don't think they had the best team. It was a huge gamble to make and it could easily have gone the other way.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Prorsum Semper - 25-06-2020

(25-06-2020, 01:56 AM)Darran Wrote:  I think Johnson would have got any of the top teams up that season. He was that big a difference in my view as I don't think they had the best team. It was a huge gamble to make and it could easily have gone the other way.
Johnson will always do well at these levels as he gets a lot of the talent available from his son at Bristol City,I was suprised Johnson went to C********m but It’s been clear for a long time(since he was at Bristol city) that he chooses location over ambition for a better life balance(lives in Yeovil or that area) which nobody can knock,like Asante money isn’t always the most important thing.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Si Robin - 25-06-2020

Johnson is a fantastic manager when things are going well - he built a great team spirit with his squad for the promotion season and, as tends to be the case, a great spirit off the pitch led to better performances on it.

However, as soon as things start going wrong, he's the worst man for the job. He alienates players, calls them out in public and starts undoing all the good he did in the first place.

I'll always love him for that promotion season - it was imperative for us as a club to get back to the Football League - but he's certainly no messiah.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Nick Name - 25-06-2020

All together now - “He’s just a very naughty boy”.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - Darran - 25-06-2020

(25-06-2020, 08:13 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Johnson will always do well at these levels as he gets a lot of the talent available from his son at Bristol City,I was suprised Johnson went to C********m but It’s been clear for a long time(since he was at Bristol city) that he chooses location over ambition for a better life balance(lives in Yeovil or that area) which nobody can knock,like Asante money isn’t always the most important thing.

I'm sure like Asante is he was paid well enough.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - graymim - 04-07-2020

Play off dates and teams announced.

RE: League Season Conclusion - Suggestions - OldDirtyGlasses - 14-07-2020

All NLN & NLS play-off games to be live-streamed. K.O. times of 13:30 & 16:00 on Sunday 19th, 15:00 & 17:30 on Saturday 25th & 15:00 on Saturday 1st.