The City Open Forum
Chorley - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Chorley (/showthread.php?tid=814)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chorley - Kengreen - 04-09-2021

It's a good job that coach didn't.

RE: Chorley - drbob - 04-09-2021

Come back Chris Todd - all is forgiven! Wink

RE: Chorley - Tigermatty 2.0 - 04-09-2021

I don’t mind fighting at least they care about something

RE: Chorley - Joe - 04-09-2021

Awful result, and with hindsight, an awful managerial appointment.

PG's got one of the highest budgets in the league and has built an inexperienced squad with not guts or leadership. At the time I questioned his lack of conference experience and contacts, and now these shortcomings are clear for all to see.

New manager and 75% of the squad please

RE: Chorley - Nigeglos - 04-09-2021

You need physicality and presence in this league. We don't have that up top or in defence

RE: Chorley - Stable Lad - 04-09-2021

I feel for AP and EMG. After all they have done they deserve better.

PG needs to look deep into the eyes of everybody in that dressing room and search to see if they really want to be there and are really up for the fight . Like most of us I've not seen the game but the score suggests there are some who are not. Even with 10 men a professional side should not concede this many and fall apart so quickly.

As fans we sleep on it and do the only thing we can and that's to turn up to the next game, try to create a positive atmosphere and hope that we get a positive reaction. That next home game could set the tone for the coming months. Hard I know but the adage of Everforward has to be the way ahead now more than ever.

RE: Chorley - Prorsum Semper - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 05:01 PM)Joe Wrote:  Awful result, and with hindsight, an awful managerial appointment.

PG's got one of the highest budgets in the league and has built an inexperienced squad with not guts or leadership. At the time I questioned his lack of conference experience and contacts, and now these shortcomings are clear for all to see.

New manager and 75% of the squad please
75% of the squad is a bit high,some physicality obviously needed, one of Rowes first signings when we were struggling....Liam Daly.

(04-09-2021, 05:04 PM)Nigeglos Wrote:  You need physicality and presence in this league. We don't have that up top or in defence
The worrying thing is we've been saying that since last season.

(04-09-2021, 05:06 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  I feel for AP and EMG. After all they have done they deserve better.

PG needs to look deep into the eyes of everybody in that dressing room and search to see if they really want to be there and are really up for the fight . Like most of us I've not seen the game but the score suggests there are some who are not. Even with 10 men a professional side should not concede this many and fall apart so quickly.

As fans we sleep on it and do the only thing we can and that's to turn up to the next game, try to create a positive atmosphere and hope that we get a positive reaction. That next home game could set the tone for the coming months. Hard I know but the adage of Everforward has to be the way ahead now more than ever.
The problem could be that the atmosphere at that next home game could be toxic if we dont get a result.
Were getting a lot of publicity after today, unfortunately it's all negative,at least it can't get worse than today.

RE: Chorley - Darran - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 05:06 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  I feel for AP and EMG. After all they have done they deserve better.

No surprise after the way they played on Monday that at 2 down and down to 10 men that they just gave up for the afternoon.

RE: Chorley - OldDirtyGlasses - 04-09-2021

For balance, as poor as we were- Chorley sounded like they were on top form today. First 2 goals were poor defensive mistakes, probably communication / leadership. Fab went over the top of the ball and deservedly got sent off if the commentary was correct. A couple of the goals sounded like they were poor / non-existent pressure from midfield. One of them sounded an absolute screamer. Liam Armstrong pulled off a great save late on to stop the 10th going in so to say they all gave up is out of order.

RE: Chorley - Prorsum Semper - 04-09-2021

Have a look at the Chorley managers interview,we should be difficult to play against not easy to open up.