The City Open Forum
Chorley - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Chorley (/showthread.php?tid=814)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chorley - Isaac - 04-09-2021

I’ve always said I don’t mind loosing games but it’s the way in which you lose them. That was absolutely embarrassing today only looked like a few players actually cared or wanted to be there.

The defence is simply not good enough and far to inexperienced at this level.

RE: Chorley - Kengreen - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 04:34 PM)Neil Wrote:  I reckon young Alfie is getting a kind of perverse enjoyment out of this!!!!!
  Neil i get no pleasure out of seeing city beaten, I have been feeding money into this club for over 15 years now when Joe was on the trust board. It hurts me as much as anyone to see the club showed up this way Huh Huh

RE: Chorley - Nigel1972 - 04-09-2021

AP. Disappointed for you and the club today after all the efforts in the last 24 months or so. Difficult to see forward after a result like that but ever forward and in you we trust.

RE: Chorley - Mr.Magoo - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 06:11 PM)Darran Wrote:  He's had months to turn it around and we have managed 1 good performance and 4 bad ones.

The seasons only a few weeks old. Three weeks ago we were fantastic. Last weekend I saw effort. They had a game plan that stopped us playing and it worked. AP, up until last week was publicaly lauding PG. He does work with him every day. My point is, he believes he's a good manager, and should be given a chance prove it. I'm looking forward to what PG's got to say about todays debarcle. That will be very interesting. Could next weekend possibly be his last game? If the team fails to show up, there's a cup game after that. Who know's? I'd imagine AP is very quiet at the moment. All supporters can really do is show up and support for 90 minutes. Then whinge on the web. I hope the players have their phones turned off.

RE: Chorley - Badsy - 04-09-2021

For me the absence of a plan b is our downfall at the moment, teams have worked out if you play a high press against us we can't clear our lines.
We need a big no5 6 and 9 so if the tippy tappy doesn't work then we can exploit the space the high press leaves.

RE: Chorley - Tigermatty 2.0 - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 07:09 PM)Badsy Wrote:  For me the absence of a plan b is our downfall at the moment, teams have worked out if you play a high press against us we can't clear our lines.
We need a big no5 6 and 9 so if the tippy tappy doesn't work then we can exploit the space the high press leaves.
can’t argue with this

RE: Chorley - Darran - 04-09-2021

Chorley's manager sums it up nicely in his interview on their Twitter feed. We kept playing the passing game despite the fact they were opening us up with ease. Surely Groves realises it isn't working and tries to change it, but no he doesn't and they keep scoring goals. Every manager in the league now knows how to beat us and I suspect if we played York next we wouldn't be beating them 4-0. I couldn't care less that he coached in the Champions League because that couldn't be much further from National League North level if you tried. Peter Taylor managed England yet he was poor as Dagenham manager recently because he just doesn't know the level well enough.

RE: Chorley - Severnside - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 07:26 PM)Darran Wrote:  Chorley's manager sums it up nicely in his interview on their Twitter feed. We kept playing the passing game despite the fact they were opening us up with ease. Surely Groves realises it isn't working and tries to change it, but no he doesn't and they keep scoring goals. Every manager in the league now knows how to beat us and I suspect if we played York next we wouldn't be beating them 4-0. I couldn't care less that he coached in the Champions League because that couldn't be much further from National League North level if you tried. Peter Taylor managed England yet he was poor as Dagenham manager recently because he just doesn't know the level well enough.

I think that sums it up Darren, I don't know if PG has more in his locker as he doesn't seem to adapt to the opposition. I can't understand when Robert was sent off and we went 3 down then surely you are in damage limitation mode.
I imagine AP is having a long hard think about what's next about where we go next  Huh

RE: Chorley - Plato - 04-09-2021

This is only 'my take' on what could be happening at our club.  I maybe wrong.  I maybe right but........

What's screaming out at me now is the 'there's something wrong' remark.  I've read all the comments so far and from what I can see PG could be out of his league (scuse pun), but I get the feeling it's more than that ?  Even taking into consideration our acute injury list the players we have at the present time we are (generically speaking) lacking of height, physicality & presence on the pitch but that doesn't turn them into bad players overnight - or in this case over a period of 2 weeks.  I've seen this happen before where a seemingly successful team can over a short period of time suddenly change into a bunch of also-rans.  That's where the 'there's something wrong' comes in.  If a team (and I'm talking about the whole team, not individuals) is unhappy at some part of the 'set-up' at the club, the only way they can express their displeasure is by not turning up out on the pitch on match day.  In other words not playing to the best of their ability.  Oh yes it happens full time professional or not.  In most cases it's the Manager who causes the consternation and if the players aren't happy with him then anything goes I'm afraid ?  But sometimes it could be something else ?  Whatever it is lets hope they can sort it out - and soon.  A 'fly on the wall' would be a good thing to have right now ?

RE: Chorley - bigdavethemaddog - 04-09-2021

hopefully the weekend will be spent sorting a mutual departure of PG but the question is who comes in?