The City Open Forum
NLN Watch - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NLN Watch (/showthread.php?tid=906)

RE: NLN Watch - HeathBrewer - 18-04-2023

Dreaming is what football is all about!

RE: NLN Watch - Prorsum Semper - 19-04-2023

This league is insane, Curzon have come out of nowhere and are now in a strong position, Almost imposible to say Who Will end Up in 4th to 7th.

RE: NLN Watch - RJS - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 12:14 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  This league is insane, Curzon have come out of nowhere and are now in a strong position, Almost imposible to say Who Will end Up in 4th to 7th.
This!  I've been looking at results/fixtures of various clubs, but never once considered Curzon.  Complete shock to see them where they are.  Also looking at the table in general, and feel like if we'd been a bit more ruthless at seeing out winning positions we could easily have been fighting for 3rd.

Really crazy season, at times I have been convinced that we were going to finish in complete mid table obscurity, and at other points its felt like finishing 7th would actually have been a bit of an underachievement.  Where it all ends up who knows!

RE: NLN Watch - Tigermatty 2.0 - 19-04-2023

In the three months after we beat Kings Lynn at home we got 13 points from 14 games. How the hell are we still in contention?

RE: NLN Watch - RJS - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  In the three months after we beat Kings Lynn at home we got 13 points from 14 games. How the hell are we still in contention?
Yet after that game against Kings Lynn you would have said 7th was a minimum.  Proper Topsy Turvy season.  Another one that sticks in the mind is the hammering we took off Darlington, if you would have said at that point they were one of the clubs we might make the playoffs at the expense of most people would have called you crazy.

RE: NLN Watch - Neil - 19-04-2023

Chester played Everton in a behind closed doors friendly. Chester won 1-0. I **** you not.

Everton included Holgate, Patterson, Coady, Mina, Doucoure, Davies, Simms and Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

RE: NLN Watch - HeathBrewer - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 02:45 PM)Neil Wrote:  Chester played Everton in a behind closed doors friendly. Chester won 1-0. I **** you not.

Everton included Holgate, Patterson, Coady, Mina, Doucoure, Davies, Simms and Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Really? Wow! Smile

TP1 - TP1 - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 12:14 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  This league is insane, Curzon have come out of nowhere and are now in a strong position, Almost imposible to say Who Will end Up in 4th to 7th.
I’m assuming CA’s budget must be pretty small given their small attendances. Maybe there’s encouragement we should draw from their performance if we’re still in NLN next season on a reduced budget.

RE: TP1 - Darran - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 05:14 PM)TP1 Wrote:  I’m assuming CA’s budget must be pretty small given their small attendances. Maybe there’s encouragement we should draw from their performance if we’re still in NLN next season on a reduced budget.

They did have a good FA Cup run this season which might have helped on that front.

RE: NLN Watch - SHANDY LOVE MACHINE - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  In the three months after we beat Kings Lynn at home we got 13 points from 14 games. How the hell are we still in contention?

I have this gut feeling that we will end up playing King's Lynn in the Play-Off Final, but lose.

I also reckon we'll get 4 points - 1 at Farsley, 3 home to Chorley - and that will be enough to progress to the promising land.

Then again I did predict West Ham would beat Arsenal 11-1, and Man Utd win 34-7 on Dave's Guess the Score ticket on Saturday.