T-End Talk - New Podcast

(31-01-2022, 11:15 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  I haven’t listened yet but do people really think less than an hour is too long!? Or is it just me that listens to 3hr podcasts?

No I was going to type the same haha. Longer the better for me but I understand people not wanting more than an hour. Anything under an hour is pretty standard podcast format eh.

Better to leave the audience wanting more than nodding off...

(01-02-2022, 12:43 AM)Citygull Wrote:  Better to leave the audience wanting more than nodding off...
They'll be old like me one day :-)

Did enjoy it though

(01-02-2022, 07:14 AM)Stable Lad Wrote:  Did enjoy it though
Yes, me too.   And anything people do (especially on their own initiative) to spread the word and raise our profile is brilliant. Thanks to all concerned.

(31-01-2022, 11:15 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  I haven’t listened yet but do people really think less than an hour is too long!? Or is it just me that listens to 3hr podcasts?

I listen to one that reviews Top of the Pops episodes and are about 6 hours long.  Makes the work day fly by.

I may give this one a listen this week.  The C********m one seems to have died a death since I guested on it  Big Grin

Morning everyone,

Thanks for the feedback so far, both the positive and negative thoughts about the show.

As a new show it will take a few episodes for us to find a stride that works for the majority of the target audience.

The overall tone of the show isn't to be constantly negative, it is to raise the profile of the club and promote the biggest football club in Gloucester so over the coming weeks you will hopefully hear that.

Regarding a couple of comments suggesting that you won't listen to anymore episodes, I ask you to reconsider this and make a judgement over the course of the first few episodes. If it still isn't for you then that is fair enough.

But once again thanks to everyone for listening so far and providing feedback to help us shape the show going forward!

We are commentating the game on Saturday for anyone who can't get to Meadow Park, so check SevernSport.co.uk for ways to listen later in the week!

Just listened now.  Interesting enough listen - some points I'd agree with, some points I wouldn't, but that's good isn't, podcasts like this are meant to be about debating etc.

If I was being hyper-critical (and I think its important to note here I certainly wouldn't produce anything anywhere near as good), I think it suffers a little from being the first in the series, and as a result there was a lot of ground to cover, and topics that could be discussed.  I think it will improve as time goes on as focus will naturally turn to the one or two talking points of the week, rather than trying to almost recap the last 3 years.

And as others have said, it will be impossible to produce something everyone will like, and ultimately credit needs to be given for people trying to put something out there.

If you find the length of a podcast too long just listen to it at double speed. If I didn't do that I would have a massive backlog of podcasts to listen to and its still pretty big now.

With the added bonus of Ryan sounding like Joe Pasqale.

Am i the only person in the world who has never listened to a podcast of any description?!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

You're missing out Dave, there's some fantastic stuff out there.