City v Alfreton

Looking forward to tonight, match under floodlights, T End back to its best, they are bringing a supporters coach all points to a great atmosphere

Yep, plus the weather should be back to some kind of normal! Really looking forward to this one too and hoping for a cracking atmosphere. Bringing a along a few part-timers so hopefully they get to see their first win. Although a pie and a pint should be enough to keep them coming back.

Alfreton look to be struggling for form - L L W L D L in their last six, and have only conceded one more goal and lost one less games than us, despite being in lofty 14th place. They have scored ten more, so City will have to continue the recent up-trend in goals for us to get something out of this one.

Club Shop will be open from about 630pm this evening

Get yourselves into the T-End and help make that atmosphere! It’s up to everyone to play their part!

Well it’s 0-0 going into the last ten and I will be sorely disappointed if it ends this way, sounds like we haven’t created much again

FT 0-0 and a late red card for Nugent. Didn’t sound like a great game and imo big missed opportunity to pull away in the last two matches. We’ve dropped back down to 19th thanks to Blyth winning.

Failed to score in 5 out of the last 6 home games now, and without a home win for over three months by the time leaders Gateshead visit. Potentially without both centre backs for Saturday too. The poor discipline and mysterious injury record continues.

Why isn’t Green starting? We were told that he was the man who was going to start scoring goals for us?

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Thankfully we beat Farsley, Totally agree about Green,Get your best players on the pitch, especially strikers!
Didn't realize it was that long since a home win, depressing stat which hopefully will change soon.

Well we huffed and puffed with no end product.
Again a decent game to watch with Liam in goal in excellent form, we need to score goals or we will again be looking down not up.
A great noisy crowd, decent burger, bovril..not all bad

Hard to know what to make of that. They played like they were happy with a point from minute one, we dominated but can't recall us creating any clear cut chances. Lots of corners, plenty of pressure, but nothing to show for it and but for a fine point blank save from LA we could have been talking about being on the end of a classic smash and grab.

Thought it was the best atmosphere this season though, with the t end in fine voice all game - credit to them.

No real impact on the game but some pretty comical reffing again, particular highlight being keeping nugent off the pitch for about 3mins so he could personally check if his eye was still bleeding even though it was obvious to all in the stadium he now had a great big bandage on his head.  Also there is no point warning the keeper about time wasting in the first 10 mins if you are then going to let him carry on doing it for the rest of the game anyway.

I thought it was going to be settled by a mistake.

Great save from a header by Liam, I don't think their keeper made a save though. We had plenty of set pieces yet didn't do anything with them, is there anyone other than Tommy who can take one? Kev was right back / wing back and looked dangerous when he got wide and tried to cross. I like him out there. And Ban Nugent talked himself into a second yellow. We'll miss him on Saturday.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

A dogged performance in front of a crowd of over 900 sadly the visiting keeper never had a shot to save.
I’m sorry but Matt Green is not the answer to our goal scoring drought. Albeit a late sub in the last two games he offered nothing I sincerely hope he isn’t on a long contract - nothing personal but Dan King offers much more.
Captain Dawson booked within a few minutes of the start of the match and Nugent red for a second bookable offence when will we learn.
A point gained as Farsley lost.

I asked the same question to myself Neil why can’t Fabian or Lucas take a corner or a set piece as with TO’S they rarely get past the first defender and if they do it’s catching practice for the visiting keeper.

Highlight - a tasty pie from the clubhouse serving hatch.