Going back

This lack of news or any information of any kind really reminds me of the old Gloucester City from a few years ago ?
Please let's not go back to those days ever again ,even a statement saying we are in talks with players to sign for us or at least any news is better then the deafening silence from the club at the moment ?
How do others feel.

Even an indication of how season ticket sales are going.

Never mind a few years ago it reminds me of last year when we didn't hear anything for weeks and we all know how that worked out for us.

It is the closed season to be fair.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(08-06-2022, 06:46 PM)Darran Wrote:  Never mind a few years ago it reminds me of last year when we didn't hear anything for weeks and we all know how that worked out for us.

Yep Darren  ,just  didn't want to remember that part of last season's fiasco I guess  ?
Let's hope we don't make the same mistake this time round ?

(08-06-2022, 07:41 PM)Neil Wrote:  It is the closed season to be fair.

And it's  also the time to sign player's to get a squad together and not leave it to the last minute imo as well Neil .

Plenty is going on. Players, both current and new have been made offers I’m sure, and are mulling them over, but are in no rush because contracts wouldn’t start till July I imagine. The last thing the club wants is show their hand. Let’s just leave them to do their job. LM knows the routine and has great contacts, and I personally fully trust him to be ready when it matters. Half the teams in our division haven’t signed a player yet, as it’s only the 8th June!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(08-06-2022, 08:25 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Plenty is going on. Players, both current and new have been made offers I’m sure, and are mulling them over, but are in no rush because contracts wouldn’t start till July I imagine. The last thing the club wants is show their hand. Let’s just leave them to do their job. LM knows the routine and has great contacts, and I personally fully trust him to be ready when it matters. Half the teams in our division haven’t signed a player yet, as it’s only the 8th June!
My son tells me that only ten of the twenty-four teams in our division have made new signings so far.

Balancing act isn't it. Silence worries the fans as it looks like inactivity, but shouting who you are after before it's done isn't wise either. Guess we just have to sit back and hope it will all work out.

I think the worry after last season and in particular the pre season exploits is to be expected. Let's hope LM and AP have some positive plans and news in the coming weeks.

(08-06-2022, 10:30 PM)RJS Wrote:  Balancing act isn't it. Silence worries the fans as it looks like inactivity, but shouting who you are after before it's done isn't wise either. Guess we just have to sit back and hope it will all work out.
Don’t think anyone is expecting Lee to come out and name any names of targets but just some sort of update from the club would be nice.