Steven King

Think it deserves a thread of its own. 

Hopefully he’s got that IT factor, and is a Shining example of success.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Great surname!

So general consensus seems to be that this is a good appointment, and one of the major criticisms of LM seems to be his style of play, and defensive tactics, so does anyone have any info on how we might expect King to set his team up to play?

(30-09-2022, 10:20 AM)RJS Wrote:  So general consensus seems to be that this is a good appointment, and one of the major criticisms of LM seems to be his style of play, and defensive tactics, so does anyone have any info on how we might expect King to set his team up to play?

“Very attacking” is a recurring phrase, but i don’t know if that’s a direct approach or more tippy tappy. Best ask our friend from Dartford is he’s still here?

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Hopefully he’ll put us out of our Misery and Carrie us forward

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(30-09-2022, 10:15 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  Think it deserves a thread of its own. 

Hopefully he’s got that IT factor, and is a Shining example of success.
Very good Dave.

Looks like a good appointment, but like everything, time will tell. Need a win tomorrow first and foremost.

His team scored 75 in 40 games last season conceding 42 I think,So we should win most games 2-1!
Seriously though it seems every club he has been at he has done very well, Difficult not to be excited about what the future holds.

(30-09-2022, 10:25 AM)London Tiger Wrote:  Very good Dave.

Looks like a good appointment, but like everything, time will tell. Need a win tomorrow first and foremost.
FA Cup fourth round here we come! (Of course I mean fourth qualifying round  Tongue )

(30-09-2022, 10:24 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  “Very attacking” is a recurring phrase, but i don’t know if that’s a direct approach or more tippy tappy. Best ask our friend from Dartford is he’s still here?

I'd say defence definitely come first, we had the second best defensive record in the league and had the best for a long time. But he is also capable of scoring goals, we put 6/7 goals past teams last season. 

Someone mentioned "tippy tappy" and this definitely applies  if you look at some of the goals we scored they were some really nice passing moves.

As I said in the previous thread, results on the pitch you won't need to worry about as he should deliver these. It's all the other stuff that comes with him

Interesting to see the announcement makes reference to coaching team as well, I wonder what shape that will take?