Farsley

I backed us for the title at 50/1 this week. King really is showing up how bad a manager Mansell is.

Surely this can’t be right? We’re Gloucester City, a mid to lower table side who should just be happy with what they’ve got?

Pledge allegiance to the King or suffer the consequences

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(22-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Darran Wrote:  I backed us for the title at 50/1 this week. King really is showing up how bad a manager Mansell is.
I know you were not Mansells biggest fan,But I don't think you need to praise someone and put someone else down at the same time it doesn't make your point stronger, Kings doing a great job and just leave it at that...

I've got another week of looking at the league table,Even better this week!

(22-10-2022, 05:28 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  I know you were not Mansells biggest fan,But I don't think you need to praise someone and put someone else down at the same time it doesn't make your point stronger, Kings doing a great job and just leave it at that...

Rubbish. So many people were saying he deserved more time and he shouldn't have been sacked. No one else would do any better we were told. Well do you know what someone has come in and is doing a hell of a lot better. No way would we have won that game 5-1 under Mansell, indeed I doubt we would have won it at all. Amazing what a change of tactics does to a side by someone who knows what they are doing.

Bloody hell
That was enjoyable onwards and upwards

We were so positive that goals were inevitable, if you put the ball in the right places often enough then it’s just a matter of probability. Lots half the defence during the game too, but had quality to come on to replace them.

McHale’s second goal, well…just sublime, sign him up

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(22-10-2022, 05:33 PM)Darran Wrote:  Rubbish. So many people were saying he deserved more time and he shouldn't have been sacked. No one else would do any better we were told. Well do you know what someone has come in and is doing a hell of a lot better. No way would we have won that game 5-1 under Mansell, indeed I doubt we would have won it at all. Amazing what a change of tactics does to a side by someone who knows what they are doing.
Yeah at some point it becomes less about commenting on King or Mansell and more about you wanting everyone to acknowledge you are right. Like PS said you can praise King without the continual barbs about Mansell.

I think we might have won that under LM as Farsley were dire. I agree though that I couldn't envisage us winning 5-1 under Mansell.

The main difference for me know is that we are clinical now. I dont actually think we were great today and a bit sloppy at times, but we now carry a real goal threat, and look likely to score even if not playing well.

Were shall I start - 12 mins 1 down - fair goal in fairness then we realised we had kicked off a little earlier...

Under SK not only do we pass it we pass it at speed going forwards and once we got into rhythm we were unplayable. Dom McHale were did he come from - brilliant with two very good goals. midfield excellent with Tommy acting as the focal point with some sublime passing helped by great off the ball running by Matty and KP.

I was behind the T End goal for the second half and the power and speed KP and Tre hit the ball is astonishing- u could have had two keepers in goal and they wouldn’t have stopped. Mattys was a tap in but you have to read were the ball is likely to go - can’t teach that.
Bearing mind KP hit angle of post and bar and brought a brilliant save from their keeper it could have been a few more.
Not sure what SK’ s put in the tea but ....

Brilliant - good crowd to witness the spectacle as well.

After 80 minutes at 4-1 I thought we'd end up with 8, everything was going our way. Was disappointed that we didn't get eight in the end.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(22-10-2022, 06:04 PM)RJS Wrote:  Yeah at some point it becomes less about commenting on King or Mansell and more about you wanting everyone to acknowledge you are right. Like PS said you can praise King without the continual barbs about Mansell.

I think we might have won that under LM as Farsley were dire. I agree though that I couldn't envisage us winning 5-1 under Mansell.

The main difference for me know is that we are clinical now. I dont actually think we were great today and a bit sloppy at times, but we now carry a real goal threat, and look likely to score even if not playing well.

Oh don't get me wrong I will stop highlighting it, but think it is still worth doing so at the moment because the change has been so vast.