Farsley

(22-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Darran Wrote:  I backed us for the title at 50/1 this week. King really is showing up how bad a manager Mansell is.

I'd word that a bit different. Shows the difference between a rookie manager and an experienced one.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(22-10-2022, 06:14 PM)Neil Wrote:  I'd word that a bit different. Shows the difference between a rookie manager and an experienced one.

Yeah that's a fair point, but some rookie managers are good.

(22-10-2022, 06:14 PM)Neil Wrote:  I'd word that a bit different. Shows the difference between a rookie manager and an experienced one.
Nope, I think Darran is right.
Playoffs we were told, then that narrative became “we’re lucky to be staying up” - rookie manager or no, don’t try and gaslight fans who are literally watching the dross that was being served.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

We have just won 5-1 and yet there are posts that are tinged with negativity. Let's give it a rest and enjoy the moment eh!

Some fine performances all over the pitch matched with some cracking goals and a few 'wow' moments too. The attacking players will get the plaudits, and quite rightly too, but I though Nuge was immense today against a very direct and physical side

Good to see the crowd numbers hold up and some really good, positive and noisy support from the T End. Respect to the group of youngsters who got hold of a drum and were walking round the ground singing City City. Seeing their goal celebrations was a tonic.

Hopefully the knocks we picked up are not too bad, though Morgs looked to be in a lot of discomfort. Wish him well as he was in the process of having another big game.

An afternoon to enjoy and an evening to celebrate

One other thing, few new fans in the t end today, it was their first match I think, joined in and had a good time by the looks of it….oh and they were made to feel very welcome, good to see

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(22-10-2022, 06:29 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  Hopefully the knocks we picked up are not too bad, though Morgs looked to be in a lot of discomfort. Wish him well as he was in the process of having another big game.
This would be the biggest negative of the day. We did somewhat resemble the walking wounded by the end.  Heard Morgs was heading for an x-ray and Leads needed treatment on a couple of occasions.  Hope I'm wrong but think we might be needing a new cb for Tuesday.

Let's hope SK can pull another rabbit out of a hat, because Dom McHale clearly made an impact.

Looking at the videos of the goals I was convinced we'd got away with one for McClures goal but on second viewing it looks like a good decision from the lino.

Thought first half they looked dangerous, their keeper had hell of a kick on him, and got behind our back line for the first goal, which their No 10 did well to bring down and shoot across goal, even if we were a bit sloppy.

Good mentality to keep on keeping on and a tidy finish from the new boy after he had teed himself a couple of minutes earlier. (Different shot, it didn't take that long to go in).

Matt McClure's class brought the second goal. He doesn't react after the parry but before it, he anticipates, and as we all know anticipation is the mother of convention.

Thought Farsley were a very dirty side, we could have been playing with 10 when Dan Leadtitter got a late one with 15 to go with all subs on. Wouldn't have mattered, we would have still beat them, even if Joe Green was brought on as a comedy fourth sub.

I'm in a bit of a quandry this evening. City have won well, we are near the top of the league, and I'm happy. It's such an unusual feeling and I don't know how to make the most of it. I feel like James Brown

(22-10-2022, 06:04 PM)RJS Wrote:  Yeah at some point it becomes less about commenting on King or Mansell and more about you wanting everyone to acknowledge you are right. Like PS said you can praise King without the continual barbs about Mansell.

I think we might have won that under LM as Farsley were dire. I agree though that I couldn't envisage us winning 5-1 under Mansell.

The main difference for me know is that we are clinical now. I dont actually think we were great today and a bit sloppy at times, but we now carry a real goal threat, and look likely to score even if not playing well.
I think Darran’s well within his rights here, And again it goes to prove how city fans are generally happy to settle for less than what they deserve

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Two words.... Bloody Brilliant!

I've been away for a couple of weeks on my holidays up north and have come back to see a team transformed. We're passing with purpose and looking to go forwards most of the time. Tommy O' that means you. What's happened?
Todays positives.
1. Obviously the scoreline
2. Kieran Phillips playing like the young exciting player who told us earlier he knows where the goal is.
3. Ben Nuggent playing positively as well as defending like we know he can.
4. Tre Mittford got a goal and hopefully a boost in confidence.
5. The dugout looking composed, engaged and confident.
6. A decent crowd and loads of little buggers with their mums and dads eating burgers and chips. They'll hopefuuly tell their mates what a fun afternoon they had.
7. Dom McHale, where did you come from? On that front it's good that we're now signing players nationally and not stuck in traffic on the M32 anymore.
8. Even the drum came out for a little bit and the T-End enjoying themselves
The negatives.
1. Farsely were agricultural and played like the Bricklayers Arms.
2. Todays ref was soft as........
3. No Roary!

We're 4th in the league and I'm getting vertigo. King hasn't really had a chance to dabble too much on the recruitment front.

Up the City!

Professional Worky Ticket