Peterborough Sports & Social Club

The funny thing is that despite all the changes and relevant concerns, this is, so far, the most successful season we've had at this level. I'm still not convinced we'll make the playoffs and we'll end up just outside, but if we keep up this form and keep winning, then we will. A good win on the road.

Has Andry Demira left?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

A very good night's work by the lads , up one place, up to fifty point's , and finally a big nought gaol difference ? Buxton next ,so let's keep this run going .
My City _ Our Team

Given the games in hand some teams have you'd still have to make it odds against, but tonight's set of results certainly hasn't hurt. I've been fairly convinced for large parts of this season that we had no chance of the playoffs, here's to hoping I'm wrong.

(28-02-2023, 11:00 PM)Lee Wrote:  Well done lads. I put our recent run down to having a settled squad now the wheeling and dealing has stopped, everyone knowing their role.

It does look that way Lee .Plus we haven't got any one else that can be used except for the youth team to pick from ???

Any one know if we have come away from a game injury free for a change.

See Alfreton have games v Darlo and Banbury next up.  All 3 have games in hand.  How those fall will be interesting to see but at the end of the day all we can do is keep picking up the points and then see where that takes us.

Absolutely massive shifts from 1-11 on that pitch today, couldn’t fault a single one of them for their efforts. Thought we were sloppy for the first 25 minutes or so and deserved to concede, but arguably were on top from there on out.

Evans is fast becoming one of our most dangerous players going forwards, him and KP’s chemistry was on show again, could easily have had 1 or 2 more in the second half.

Just a shame we won’t see some of that team again due to having an owner who’s got bored of his latest toy and sold Kingy a lie.

(28-02-2023, 11:00 PM)Paul Wrote:  The funny thing is that despite all the changes and relevant concerns, this is, so far, the most successful season we've had at this level. I'm still not convinced we'll make the playoffs and we'll end up just outside, but if we keep up this form and keep winning, then we will. A good win on the road.

Makes you wonder if we didn't have the worst injury season that I can ever remember in 50 odd years where we could have been now ?  Guess we will never know .

(28-02-2023, 11:19 PM)Toby Wrote:  Absolutely massive shifts from 1-11 on that pitch today, couldn’t fault a single one of them for their efforts. Thought we were sloppy for the first 25 minutes or so and deserved to concede, but arguably were on top from there on out.

Evans is fast becoming one of our most dangerous players going forwards, him and KP’s chemistry was on show again, could easily have had 1 or 2 more in the second half.

Just a shame we won’t see some of that team again due to having an owner who’s got bored of his latest toy and sold Kingy a lie.

Yeah seems like Alex is screwing over any chance we had of the playoffs.

(28-02-2023, 10:49 PM)Neil Wrote:  Blimey Banbury have got more games in hand than a kid on Crackerjack.
Let's hope they drop the cabbage!  Tongue

Tonight's results move us up to eighth with a GD of 0 and two points off a playoff place (three, if you take account of all the teams above us having a GD in positive double figures).