New Manager....

(20-05-2023, 06:21 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  So will I.

To be fair, I’d have bought it if they appointed a Julian Clary.

I’ve booked a psychiatrist appointment for you Dave , contact me for details ….

I’d like to clarify I was illustrating that I’d have bought my ST whoever we appointed, and not endorsing Mr Clary in any way.

I’ll keep the appointment though if that’s ok.

DM me the details.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(19-05-2023, 07:22 PM)Paul Wrote:  Will be interesting to see what sort of team and style of play emerges. Hopefully, the hoofball comments don't turn out to be correct - surely he's got more suss than that. LM seemed to run out of ideas, but under SK at the end it felt like we had a real passing and dynamic team. A lot of that was due to the talented players SK could bring in and the style of play he imposed. I think we were also entertained by SK's team, which is more than can be said for some managers we've had.

Spot on Paul spot on .

(20-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Pims manager again Wrote:  So where has this hoofball nonsense come from?
Correct me if I am wrong but we are supporters on this forum not expert tactical experts.Remember when SK came in we had a honeymoon spell when we won two or three on the trot then came a barren time until he got a settled squad  pushed us onto the play offs.
What ever TF plays it can’t be any worse than LM’s one pass forward, two across, three back and then back to the keeper tosh.
On this appointment I will buy my season ticket.

Because that is what he has set all his teams up to play so it would be a pretty big shock if he suddenly created a team who passed the ball around as we were doing under King. I do agree though the Mansell style of football was a very tough watch.

The idea of playing it along the back is to create with speed of movement and passing, a numerical advantage somewhere else in the pitch. Take that advantage up the pitch to create a chance/goal.
It comes with a risk as you need the opposition to be drawn towards the ball and pass it round them.

May be Mansell couldn't see the team were not technically capable. They probably wouldn't be NLN if they were. He certainly had the playing surface at home but away from home in NLN, doubtful. Maybe he needed an entirely different style

(21-05-2023, 09:39 PM)Nigeglos Wrote:  The idea of playing it along the back is to create with speed of movement and passing, a numerical advantage somewhere else in the pitch. Take that advantage up the pitch to create a chance/goal.
It comes with a risk as you need the opposition to be drawn towards the ball and pass it round them.

May be Mansell couldn't see the team were not technically capable. They probably wouldn't be NLN if they were. He certainly had the playing surface at home but away from home in NLN, doubtful. Maybe he needed an entirely different style

Part of the issue were the players were too scared of losing the ball so they made lots of safe passes instead. That can be a problem of a 3g pitch as it can encourage that sort of football.

My word we've got a lot of budding NLN football managers on here, I hope you all applied for the job?
?????