Chairman elect’s update.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:b...estershire

Sounds like a few will be staying, getting the band back together, and might have to wait a week to find out who the new man is!

Starts around 15mins

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Interesting listen, he is clearly quite optimistic about the kind of side he is going to put together.  Great that he is having positive chats with current and prospective players but I'd have thought we'd have to wait on that given the new manager hasn't even been decided yet and you wouldn't want to be signing players without their approval!  Will be interesting to see who the returning players are that he refers to though.  Joe Hanks is the obvious one for me given he alluded to the fact that they were still at this level, but guess there is also the likes of Kieran Thomas, Luke Russe, Harry Williams who might fit the bill as returning local players (as well as others I have no doubt missed).

He’s not signing them, and the candidates are on board with any players in discussion. He said that.

(17-05-2023, 04:50 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:b...estershire

Sounds like a few will be staying, getting the band back together, and might have to wait a week to find out who the new man is!

Starts around 15mins

Definitely a good listen, makes me feel more optimistic about next season.

(17-05-2023, 05:19 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  He’s not signing them, and the candidates are on board with any players in discussion. He said that.
Sorry should have made my point clearer. Just meant I don't think we'll find out who they are just yet. Wasn't suggesting he was meddling in the managers business.

True. Must be very frustrating for them (and us!) Smile

Well having listened to that I correct me if I am wrong didn’t he say that going hybrid/ full time meant that players who wanted to come couldn’t because of the set up ?
More importantly some want to come back to fit in with a nucleus of our existing squad.If that’s the case then happy days as was pointed out even with a full time squad we didn’t get promoted.
I’m pleased he’s liaising with any prospective managers as we don’t want the scenario of a manager coming in with the squad already picked by the Chairman.
I like PC honesty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fnvtw5

This is a direct link to the actual interview.

(17-05-2023, 05:29 PM)Pims manager again Wrote:  Well having listened to that I correct me if I am wrong didn’t he say that going hybrid/ full time meant that players who wanted to come couldn’t because of the set up?

Using Joe Hanks as an example, as a policeman there’s no way he could have stayed when we left Evesham and switched to daytime training.

The pool of players that it totally rules out must be huge.

Well that was a very positive interview, Glad that some of this seasons Squad may stay on and some may return, Hanks, Russe and Kieran Thomas please,We wont lose many games through lack of effort.
Looking forward to the coming weeks and the new threads on here!

(17-05-2023, 05:51 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Using Joe Hanks as an example, as a policeman there’s no way he could have stayed when we left Evesham and switched to daytime training.

The pool of players that it totally rules out must be huge.
F/T players At our level except the top top ones cant be great money.
I always thought we should have stayed P/T untill we got promoted and with AP money we would have got the Best of the available talento from that pool.