T-End originals Supporters Club

Can anyone tell me, who or what is the T-End Original Supporters Club is ? Are they the same as the Supporters Trust?

Good question. It’s very confusing, there’s two separate Twitter accounts, but no indication who is behind them or if they are related to each other. And they appear to be asking for money and sponsors. Poor communication.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Is it a scam?

You’d have to question why someone would want to be anonymous

It’s not really that confusing, those behind it have been very clear of their involvement in it. I can’t comment on their behalf as I’ve had nothing to do with it, but would imagine it has something to do with feeling distanced from the official club Supporters’ Trust.

I believe it’s something that has been in the works for a while and is essentially a supporters’ club not directly linked with the club. I see it as a great opportunity for increased fan representation, and looks to be something to boost the supporter experience at both home and away games, especially for our new younger generation of fans.

And with regards to anonymity, correct me if I’m wrong - but didn’t you hide behind a Steve King parody account to berate Forest Green and their supporters for a large period of last season?

(27-07-2023, 09:37 PM)Allan Woodham Wrote:  Can anyone tell me, who or what is the T-End Original Supporters Club is ? Are they the same as the Supporters Trust?

I can shed some light regarding the new T-End Originals Supporters Club. Firstly no we are not the same as The Trust and no I haven’t set this up to work against them in any way whatsoever. I met with Nicky several weeks ago to discuss my idea, this received her full approval I’m pleased to say.

The idea is to raise money to enhance the match day experience inside the stadium etc. Flags, banners, tifos etc etc. Also we’ll be raising money to help towards the costs of rebuilding the The T-End, a long term project that will require a large amount of funds.

Nothing confusing about it, there’s two separate accounts, we will be working closely together though hence why it’s a collaboration. As for poor communication, as the post clearly states, more information will be revealed over the next few days, one step at a time folks.

(27-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Toby Wrote:  And with regards to anonymity, correct me if I’m wrong - but didn’t you hide behind a Steve King parody account to berate Forest Green and their supporters for a large period of last season?

He didn't ask for money though.

Would be good to know what the money would be used for before considering joining. Is there a bank account set up or does it just get given to an individual? Will accounts be published, an AGM? Something like this needs transparency

(27-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Toby Wrote:  It’s not really that confusing, those behind it have been very clear of their involvement in it. I can’t comment on their behalf as I’ve had nothing to do with it, but would imagine it has something to do with feeling distanced from the official club Supporters’ Trust.

I believe it’s something that has been in the works for a while and is essentially a supporters’ club not directly linked with the club. I see it as a great opportunity for increased fan representation, and looks to be something to boost the supporter experience at both home and away games, especially for our new younger generation of fans.

And with regards to anonymity, correct me if I’m wrong - but didn’t you hide behind a Steve King parody account to berate Forest Green and their supporters for a large period of last season?
no I didn’t hide behind it, it was very well known that I ran that account

(27-07-2023, 10:47 PM)Lee Wrote:  He didn't ask for money though.

Would be good to know what the money would be used for before considering joining. Is there a bank account set up or does it just get given to an individual? Will accounts be published, an AGM? Something like this needs transparency

I appreciate that, but as I said, those not behind an anonymous account have been vocal regarding their involvement. No one is asking for money at this stage, they simply stated their plans and what they want to set out to achieve. As Dave has said above, one step at a time.

(27-07-2023, 10:50 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  no I didn’t hide behind it, it was very well known that I ran that account

To city fans yes, but it was still an anonymous account regardless?

Personally feel it would be much better to work with the supporters trust instead of dividing yourselves