11 Seasons of National League North/South Football.

We have had 11 Seasons of this level of football. I remember our first game at this level in 2009, away to Southport. Going on the Supporters Coach, going North to Southport for a league fixture was a far cry from going to Chippenham or Halesowen in the Southern League. Losing the game 3-2, I remember being in the Bar afterwards. I overheard a Southport Supporter say to his mates, 'They won't last long in this League', or words to that effect. Our second Home league match at Cirencester Vs Droylsden was like men Vs boys. We lost 4-1, it was a quicker pace of football, all the teams could keep the ball. But season by season, we got used to this league. We have played against ex league clubs :- Stockport County, York City, Torquay United etc. Highlights for me from our time in this League have been :- The run of victories over Worcester City. The appointment of Mike Cook to stear us to Safety after the unsuccessful Chris Todd era. Going to ex league grounds with good crowds. Any Hightlights for you from our time at this level?

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Second game was against Eastwood. They beat us easily, hence why, when we went up there for the reverse fixture I was delighted with our victory. Two goals in a minute too.

Boris called me Doubting Thomas!

Cook and Fab., 18-19. The 2-1 win at Slough. Outplayed in first half but a change in tactics in second half including a miracle goal from Fab and a tremendous winner from Josh led to a growing expectation/belief in our ability to prosper and survive.

I remember the Eastwood game, 0-3, and never looked in it. I thought we were out of our league at that point, but we adapted quickly.

What an achievement, especially in exile.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

The game where I felt we had really arrived was Telford away. Big ground, big crowd, and thanks to a Jack Harris goal we beat them.

Amazing what we've achieved since, and it would be nice to think we can now kick on to the next level.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

We've had some good wins at Telford, both the Harry Williams late winner and Zack / Hopper goals in another win. Always a good place to win!

Going to Stockport last game of the season and wrecking their play off chance in front of almost 6,000 fans

(10-07-2020, 11:39 AM)Neil Wrote:  We've had some good wins at Telford, both the Harry Williams late winner and Zack / Hopper goals in another win. Always a good place to win!

Always enjoy going to the New Bucks Head, nice ground. We had an entertaining 'Home' game against them in the 2010/11 season. It was the final Home (Whaddon Road) game of the season. We drew
2-2, think that Adam Mann scored a spectacular goal. Played in front of 700 odd. Andy Sinton was the AFC Telford Manager, and Adam Proudiock (ex Wolves) played for them.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(10-07-2020, 06:02 PM)Eric Van Der Floof Wrote:  Going to Stockport last game of the season and wrecking their play off chance in front of almost 6,000 fans
Both trips to FC Utd turning over them arrogant bastards was nice to

How about three goals in nine minutes against Worcester?