Gavin Gunning

re-signs.

I have a habit of looking who we were playing on the day that these players were born and I have vivid memories of our away trip to Poole Town's speedway stadium where we won 2-1 with goals from Graham Withey and J***n E***n.

Gunning should be a very good acquisition too.

Yep lots of pedigree- wasn’t fit last season- looked mean - fit and hungry to me today at MP.

His interview is very telling of how ambitious he is - certainly seemed very matter of fact when he told Ryan “Listen. If we aren’t finishing in the top 1 or 2 then there’s no point”

http://severnsport.co.uk/im-not-here-to-...ster-city/

This is good news, 3 good solid centre backs we have now. Tough as hobnail boots with the Gaelic football pedigree

Welcom back Gavin.

For those who don't know of the great man there's some classic stuff on YouTube showing his uncomplicated approach. His method may be a tad unfashionable these days but if he's half fit and fully motivated I can't wait to see him in action!

(14-08-2020, 07:32 PM)Citygull Wrote:  For those who don't know of the great man there's some classic stuff on YouTube showing his uncomplicated approach. His method may be a tad unfashionable these days but if he's half fit and fully motivated I can't wait to see him in action!
Seen it, hard as nails,I’d say the defense is closed now,maybe a couple of loan midfielders to come and the squad is complete,looks decent aswell.

But GG is right isn't he?
AP or JR may not openly say it but with this squad surely the real plan is to be there abouts come the end of 20-21 season. 
One more to come and we look to have about the best squad on paper at least in many a year. JR will have his team and have expectations on him for this team to perform for sure......

OK JR it is now over to you, you have been given the tools hopefully you can make them work, we all wish you the best of luck and success ☺

(14-08-2020, 09:27 PM)Severnside Wrote:  But GG is right isn't he?
AP or JR may not openly say it but with this squad surely the real plan is to be there abouts come the end of 20-21 season. 
One more to come and we look to have about the best squad on paper at least in many a year. JR will have his team and have expectations on him for this team to perform for sure......
The north is difficult as we know,but I think its safe to say that there’s a fair bit of quality in our squad,if they can get a good team spirit going maybe we can suprise a few people...
IT was in the 90s that we had two strikers of the calibre of Asante/Mclure so it is difficult to maintain expectations low.

They all seem to be 100% behind JR which is another positive.