home match streams

(05-10-2020, 09:21 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Sollihull is 7.99€,I wonder if a company do it or the club have to provide all the cameras etc.

All well and good trying to predict prices?but its not even been OKd yet if it is going a head.Do any one think we are leaving it a bit Late to publish details of how we can watch and for how much?
The sooner people know the more chance of getting a good response.

(05-10-2020, 04:52 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  How do they know if it hasn’t been confirmed our end? There already taking bookings in their clubhouse to watch it.
And how can they stream in the clubhouse? That means we miss out on additional revenue as the away fans won’t be paying us for the stream! Unless there’s agreement between each club - quid pro quo for return fixture.

(05-10-2020, 09:41 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  All well and good trying to predict prices?but its not even been OKd yet if it is going a head.Do any one think we are leaving it a bit Late to publish details of how we can watch and for how much?
I’m guessing it’s not finalised yet, in which case details can’t be shared.

(05-10-2020, 09:41 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  All well and good trying to predict prices?but its not even been OKd yet if it is going a head.Do any one think we are leaving it a bit Late to publish details of how we can watch and for how much?

The intention is for it to happen, but things are still being worked on I believe. Only guessing but it might be that the first one will be for free given the lateness of it all and then once it is set up properly it will be paid after that.

(05-10-2020, 10:19 PM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  And how can they stream in the clubhouse? That means we miss out on additional revenue as the away fans won’t be paying us for the stream! Unless there’s agreement between each club - quid pro quo for return fixture.

I'd imagine the plan will be that we do the same sort of thing although I think the away club might have to ask the home club to agree to them showing it.

(05-10-2020, 10:19 PM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  And how can they stream in the clubhouse? That means we miss out on additional revenue as the away fans won’t be paying us for the stream! Unless there’s agreement between each club - quid pro quo for return fixture.

Your completely right,can only assume that the there’s an agreement in place but what happens if fans are allowed into games before the return  match,one team will lose out.

Thank you all for your answers, now it seems more clearer to me.

Hello again ...

Stick with me on this this ... I'm very much out of my depth on this matter and I've now out my IT company on the case. We've had to buy a host of new kit from a streaming camera to mac books to 4G dongle etc etc ... in truth ... trying to save money doing it our self was a mistake! The all singing all dancing option I spoke about on my blog for £30k (same set up Hereford have) is the best option, but I couldn't afford the outlay ...

Our plan is to get this up a running this afternoon, issue codes to season ticket holders to access for free for the season. Tonight may or may not be free for all, I will only allow it to be charged if I'm told this will work... if i'm not sure, we'll make today free for all or a couple of quid at most ... ideally it should be £7.99 / match.

The informal inter club agreement is £7.99 for a one camera set up or £10.00 for the better multi camera (Hereford) set up. A number of clubs are using the same platform to stream on ... we are one of them. Southport have been great helping us on this!

Please don't kick us on this, we're really trying ... but massively out of our depth doing this ourselves! FYI We'll look to show our away games in our bar too.

I'll get something out later ... but it maybe as late as 18:00!

AP

Lee,

Question:

Is there a way I can get a code issued on the COF that only COF members can see, not guests? If not I'm guessing if I upload a photo that will do it ... as only members can see photos correct?

AP

Nice one Alex, cheers!

Great news - really looking forward to seeing it (hopefully!)

Great stuff Alex fingers crossed it all gets sorted on time.

(06-10-2020, 11:13 AM)Tigermarkie Wrote:  Great news - really looking forward to seeing it (hopefully!)

Thanks  Alex my self and others of a older generation are not so clever with  computers or tablet's? So your not alone in that respect. Would like to point out that not all older people are like me?should have got into year's ago.