Congratulations Chorley.

Chorley who are 21st in National League North, were drawn away to Peterborough United who are 2nd in League One, in the FA Cup.
    Chorley went 1-0 down in the 2nd minute, but scored two goals in the space of about 3 minutes in the second half to win 2-1. 
Talksports Adrian Durham will be happy being a Peterborough Supporter.
     Well Done Chorley.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Well happy for Chorley. Nice club and living in Northampton it's always nice to see Peterborough lose.

Chorleys reward for winning away at Peterborough, is a home tie against Championship side Derby County.
A Special Mention to Marine who have an amazing home tie against Tottenham Hotspur.
I dream of the day that GCAFC reach the 2nd Round Proper and the 3rd Round Proper. I have witnessed us play two 1st Round Proper Ties at home (C********m Town) vs Leyton Orient and Fleetwood Town. Both were fantastic occasions with GCAFC supporters stood behind the goal. Would be nice to get to the 1st Round Proper again, have an away match at Charlton Athletic or something like that.

Mind me asking, if all the teams we could draw in a 3rd round match such as Liverpool, Arsenal, the Manchester’s, even local sides like the Birmingham teams or Bristol City, why League One Charlton?

(01-12-2020, 12:48 AM)charlie Wrote:  Mind me asking, if all the teams we could draw in a 3rd round match such as Liverpool, Arsenal, the Manchester’s, even local sides like the Birmingham teams or Bristol City, why League One Charlton?
I was talking about if we got to the 1st Round Proper again. Would be nice to go to somewhere like Charlton Athletic. As 1st Rd Proper is where League 1 and 2 Clubs come in? Imagine GCAFC Supporters on an away day at The Valley.

I'm not sure why if we got to the 1st Round you would want an away trip to a League 1 side which is just about the hardest draw you could have. You either want a League side at home so you have a chance of a TV game or you want the easiest possible draw so you have a good chance of winning it.

(01-12-2020, 01:30 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  I was talking about if we got to the 1st Round Proper again. Would be nice to go to somewhere like Charlton Athletic. As 1st Rd Proper is where League 1 and 2 Clubs come in? Imagine GCAFC Supporters on an away day at The Valley.
My apologies, I misread what you said.

Makes sense then, chuck in Portsmouth or Swindon/Oxford too.

Really pleased for Chorley , hopefully they can make a nice little earner out of this cup run!

More Congratulations go to Chorley today. Boston United today held there first competitive fixture at there New Jakemans Community Stadium. It was not to be a fairytale start as they lost 2-0 against Chorley. After Boston drew 0-0 away at GCAFC midweek, today was an opportunity to get 3 points in there first game at the new ground. Boston have games in hand, Chorley must have improved confidence from the FA Cup run they are having.