Asante

Will be interesting to see how he does at a struggling Chesterfield team. Looking at his stats on Wikipedia, he's only scored goals when he's been at a team that's performing well.
Other than half a season at Solihull in the NL, he hasn't scored many above NLN level either but maybe JR knows how to get the best out of him.

(27-11-2020, 12:57 PM)MrMatt Wrote:  Will be interesting to see how he does at a struggling Chesterfield team. Looking at his stats on Wikipedia, he's only scored goals when he's been at a team that's performing well.
Other than half a season at Solihull in the NL, he hasn't scored many above NLN level either but maybe JR knows how to get the best out of him.

Could well be one of those lower level bullies.

I've only seen a few of the live streams this season but I'd be more concerned about McClure leaving than Asante. The latter is a complete handful and a defender's nightmare but McClure's movement shows he's a very intelligent footballer.

I reckon we'll be able to cover the loss of Asante's goals from elsewhere in the team.

(27-11-2020, 12:59 PM)Darran Wrote:  Could well be one of those lower level bullies.

Graham Hick?

There are no strangers here, only friends you have not met yet!

(27-11-2020, 12:59 PM)Andrew R Wrote:  I've only seen a few of the live streams this season but I'd be more concerned about McClure leaving than Asante.  The latter is a complete handful and a defender's nightmare but McClure's movement shows he's a very intelligent footballer.

I reckon we'll be able to cover the loss of Asante's goals from elsewhere in the team.
I was thinking the same, really lost one player but gained 2 this week,Dawson would have been a huge loss,the fact we have Mclure is a huge bonus, it’s not all bad news!

(27-11-2020, 01:03 PM)Exiled Wrote:  .

Graham Hick?

Vs Gloucestershire.... ?

Good luck Akwasi. Bit of a shame to leave so early.

I thought he looked sluggish in the friendlies and the first few games, then really hit form, and in the last couple of matches started to go quiet again (despite scuffed goal up at Guiseley). Will be interesting which form he shows for Chesterfield. On his day he looked unplayable/immovable.

Agree that McClure would be a bigger loss. He's scored more goals (less of which were penalties). However, MM did say AA was one of his favourite striker partners, so he'll certainly need replacing, ideally with a similar sort of player.

A strange situation for Asante to have had. Played for a Club where he never played in front of the Club's crowd. Hopefully get someone else in of the same style of play.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(27-11-2020, 02:02 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  I was thinking the same, really lost one player but gained 2 this week,Dawson would have been a huge loss,the fact we have Mclure is a huge bonus, it’s not all bad news!

Agree re. Dawson but his departure would improve our disciplinary record. I’d still keep him and accept that his card count exceeds that of Father Christmas.......

Hate this saga. This is what I dislike about the way football treats supporters. In my world what I say is my word and I think it would have been better for all it both the ex Manager and player had never darkened the Club’s door. The person I feel for in all this is AP. He took the risk on Rowe and endeavoured to help him get a squad of players together to forwarded the cause of Gloucester City and help put a promotion side on the CV of Manager. I don’t mind players / managers bettering themselves and trying at a higher level but loyalty is not a strong suite of many players or managers. With that in mind that is why we as supporters of Gloucester City, cherish such people who have been at our Club as Webby, Chris Burns, Tim Harris, Mingsy and Boris.

Good luck AP in finding a replacement and hope whoever you appoint can do himself and the Club justice.