'Prorsum Semper'

The motto 'Prorsum Semper' translates as 'Ever forward' ... and this is what we do. It's been heck of a week, but we move ever forward as a club ... We've great people at this club and I'm grateful to you all ... we're in a strong position and we go again tomorrow, sorry we couldn't get anything from the Gateshead trip, but boy did we try! 

Thanks for your support.

AP

No need to be sorry Alex that was always going to be a tough task with half a team out and all we can ask is that the team try. Like you say we are in a strong position and once we get these two league games out of the way we can look forward to a new man in charge in time for our next league game on Boxing Day. It's week's like this that make the successes even sweeter.

At risk of sounding like a wall hanging. We’re not measured by our setbacks, but by how we learn, respond and move forward.

(27-11-2020, 08:38 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  The motto 'Prorsum Semper' translates as 'Ever forward' ... and this is what we do. It's been heck of a week, but we move ever forward as a club ... We've great people at this club and I'm grateful to you all ... we're in a strong position and we go again tomorrow, sorry we couldn't get anything from the Gateshead trip, but boy did we try! 

Thanks for your support.

AP
I put the defeat down to poor substitutions, rumour has it there was someone on the bench who wears his heart on his sleeve and can be relied upon to kick the sh1t out of the opposition when a battle needs to be won.  Cool

Shows how far the club has come that I was disappointed that we lost away at Gateshead!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(27-11-2020, 10:20 PM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  I put the defeat down to poor substitutions, rumour has it there was someone on the bench who wears his heart on his sleeve and can be relied upon to kick the sh1t out of the opposition when a battle needs to be won.  Cool

Ha ha ha ... so when we arrived, we discovered that only the manager, assistant manager, physio and kit man could be in the dug out ... all the subs had to sit in the stands, which normally isn't an issue ... but with the running track and the kit man running back and forth ...the physio doing his job ... the running track was a real issue ... as Coley would have literally been on his own due to the distance away of the subs and with the running track, Mike was literally doing laps! ... Gateshead had staff on the running track to do the back and forth bit, so there dug out had say 5 people in ... 

... So I got in the dug out to support Coley ... we had a simple tactic ... I would be the loud one, fighting the world, standing up for the lads ... competing for everything throw in etc over the other bench ... with Coley doing the clever bit ...

We gave it everything ... as Neil said ... we've come a long way ... would I do it again ... 100% !! If the lads need me, i'll drive the bus, cook the food and do whatever they need to try and help. This isn't me controlling as so many believe ... this is me standing up and supporting when asked ... but only when asked! We are in this together after all!! This is why I stand with the fans normally, rather then in the board room, as singing behind the goal is supporting and helping the lads ... 

We move forward ... and no ... I won't be the manager, before someone asks ... I'll just be me! 

AP

(27-11-2020, 10:59 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Ha ha ha ... so when we arrived, we discovered that only the manager, assistant manager, physio and kit man could be in the dug out ... all the subs had to sit in the stands, which normally isn't an issue ... but with the running track and the kit man running back and forth ...the physio doing his job ... the running track was a real issue ... as Coley would have literally been on his own due to the distance away of the subs and with the running track, Mike was literally doing laps! ... Gateshead had staff on the running track to do the back and forth bit, so there dug out had say 5 people in ... 

... So I got in the dug out to support Coley ... we had a simple tactic ... I would be the loud one, fighting the world, standing up for the lads ... competing for everything throw in etc over the other bench ... with Coley doing the clever bit ...

We gave it everything ... as Neil said ... we've come a long way ... would I do it again ... 100% !! If the lads need me, i'll drive the bus, cook the food and do whatever they need to try and help. This isn't me controlling as so many believe ... this is me standing up and supporting when asked ... but only when asked! We are in this together after all!! This is why I stand with the fans normally, rather then in the board room, as singing behind the goal is supporting and helping the lads ... 

We move forward ... and no ... I won't be the manager, before someone asks ... I'll just be me! 

AP
Just be aware, if ever another club comes in for you, they’d better watch out! City fans won’t let you leave without a fight.

Ha ha ... no one would want me! I'd also change their kit to yellow, just to wind you all up ...

AP