George Carline

Does it really matter which club he goes to. Sounds like he is a free agent now so can speak to any club including Chesterfield????? As previously said on this feed, better to have players who want to play for the Club.

That's a pity thought he was our best signing,I hope he moves to Chesterfield I wouldn't want him in our league he's too good. Some one is going to have a good signing, so there is good players out there so we must make sure we find one just as talented. if it means upsetting another club so be it thats football.

Agree with all of the above - better out than in. Don't need someone unsettling the squad for weeks, very unprofessional, so good riddance. Really hope we get Chesterfield in the Trophy at some point.

Jack James looks good and a new manager will have new contacts and so on. Against Boston, what impressed me despite all the upheaval, was that they all seemed to be playing for the Club. Onwards!

Kieran Thomas is a good fullback maybe coax him back under a new manager, dropped down a level didn't he too good for WSM

(04-12-2020, 10:12 AM)Joe Wrote:  There's a bloke on the Chesterfield forum who seems very in the know (and is possibly James Rowe) who says Carline will be signing for them. The poster, called The Whistler, registered for their forum on the same day JR was first linked to Chesterfield.

"Whistler" as in 'whistle blower' perhaps? 

He made a very interesting point about Ch********ld not being able to poach players that are currently under contract.  If players sever their contracts and become free agents then it's fair game.

Personally I couldn’t care less why a player comes to City but I at least expect them to see out their contracts,If what we think is correct it’s a lack of respect shown to the club and it’s fans.

So much for gentlemens agreement there are no gentlemen in football it's dog eat dog.

(04-12-2020, 10:57 AM)Kengreen Wrote:  So much for gentlemens agreement there are no gentlemen in football it's dog eat dog.

There us no I in team either  Angry

(04-12-2020, 10:45 AM)Andrew R Wrote:  "Whistler" as in 'whistle blower' perhaps? 

He made a very interesting point about Ch********ld not being able to poach players that are currently under contract.  If players sever their contracts and become free agents then it's fair game.

Excuse my ignorance but what consequences does a
player face if he “severs” his contract? Sounds like he just said he wants out, unfortunately we’re not in a position to let freeze him out like a premier league side would do by not playing him.

I've been more impressed by both Jack James' defensive play/positioning and his ability to provide an attacking presence down the side than that of Carline's in all honesty. Carline has a great throw which undoubtedly provides a threat at times akin to Rory Delap's but given the above and that he clearly didn't want to be here, better to get rid and move onwards.