Manager Search Update

Evening everyone

Please check out the interview we have done with Alex regarding the Manager search and rumoured candidates. 

http://severnsport.co.uk/exclusive-pethe...ch-update/

Interesting interview. I am sure we will get the right man in the end.

Great post - just goes to show that the names banded about were purely from the press - rumour let’s make a story - (as they do ) journalists. AP will ( along with others) pick the best candidate for the job- to fit into the ethos and remain within the budget.

Sounds like Jon Palmer was making up as he went along, maybe he could take the time to actually ask Alex in the future like SS have done.
I think Alex is trying to put us off scent and Sol Cambell to be named tomorrow!

Darran , is there any betting odds on the next manager?

(06-12-2020, 08:45 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Sounds like Jon Palmer was making up as he went along, maybe he could take the time to actually ask Alex in the future like SS have done.
I think Alex is trying to put us off scent and Sol Cambell to be named tomorrow!

whats this big thing about Sol Campbell?

Few people/rumors said that he applied.

(06-12-2020, 08:45 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Sounds like Jon Palmer was making up as he went along, maybe he could take the time to actually ask Alex in the future like SS have done.

No they don't offer it down at our level.

Let's see what happens ... we're had twists and turns and wow some great applications ... I'm hoping to announce on the 09th as the original time scales ...

AP

(06-12-2020, 08:47 PM)bigdavethemaddog Wrote:  whats this big thing about Sol Campbell?

big name granted but his success as a manager could be easily written on the rear of a postage stamp.

What he did at Macclesfield was outstanding, especially given all the behind the scenes **** that was going on there.

However, it was quite telling that the Macc fans didn't seem too disappointed when he left.

At Southend, again he was on a hiding to nothing.

I'm no Sol Campbell apologist, Spurs were my first love and his politics and mine are polar opposite, but it's hard to be too critical of his management when the two clubs he's managed have been complete basketcases.