Needham Market Victory

Tremendous occasion. Loved the walk to the ground and food and beers in the High Orchard before. Thought City were tremendous to start but seemed to freeze after we missed the penalty. Needham Market made a real game of it! Atmosphere seemed a bit subdued probably down to the social distancing and lack of beer sales!

I bet the High Orchard loved it!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

I parked at the Quays, had a look round the Shops then walked to the ground. Seeing the floodlights on as I approached St Ann's Bridge felt like a whole new matchday experience. As I went towards Sudmeadow Road, there were quite a few people. This felt like a new start for GCAFC. 
   I stood in the West Stand. You heard the T-End in full voice. Considering people were Social Distancing, wearing Masks etc, I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. It felt like a new, exciting start in the future of GCAFC. Bernard Mensah gave City the perfect start with a well taken goal. Jack James and Alex Whittle did well as did O'Sullivan. I have Jack James and Alex Whittle down for Sponsor a Goal. Jack scoring two.
    Having been to three Youth Team games at New Meadow Park, this evening felt like every aspect of the Club had finally returned home.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

I'm glad the atmosphere sounded good as it seemed a little quiet when stood in the new stand. Hopefully masks will only be a brief requirement in the history of the new ground! Actually a decent game too - I think their keeper won't forget his first appearance in front of the new T End!!!

(15-12-2020, 11:55 PM)WillyC Wrote:  Atmosphere seemed a bit subdued probably down to the social distancing and lack of beer sales!
Another factor maybe was that a good few near me (west corner of T End) were hoppers and or fans of other clubs. Challenge will be to convert those to long term followers.  But a great start by any standards.