POTS

If the season gets n&v who would be your player of the season?

I would go for Tommy O’Sullivan as he was supposed to be the weak link under Rowe but every time I’ve seen him play he’s been constantly good, makes the game look so easy, technically excellent if only he could get 10 goals a season.....,hopefully we will see him again next year,best young player probably would go to JJ or Lovett who’s made the number 1 shirt his own imo, Morgan’s done well but has made a few mistakes along the way.

(28-02-2021, 03:04 PM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  If the season gets n&v who would be your player of the season?

I would go for Tommy O’Sullivan as he was supposed to be the weak link under Rowe but every time I’ve seen him play he’s been constantly good, makes the game look so easy, technically excellent if only he could get 10 goals a season.....,hopefully we will see him again next year,best young player probably would go to JJ or Lovett who’s made the number 1 shirt his own imo, Morgan’s done well but has made a few mistakes along the way.
 IMO the find of the season has been Rhys Lovett, quality, assured and a great shot stopper.
Tommy has been excellent as has Kevin Dawson.
I would give it to Rhys.

Agree with all of the above, and nobody has even mentioned the Divisions leading scorer, Matty McClure.

Speaks volumes about how far we’ve come!!

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Difficult to call this season. Matt McClure has done well scoring goals and getting Player of the Month Award. Dawson and O' Sullivan have done well in midfield and Rhys Lovett has done well considering it was difficult to know who the Number One was, with competition from Louis Moulden.
   If the players that left had stayed, they might have all had a case. They started off well, but there heads got turned.
    I will go for Jack James, was surprised that he lost his place to George Carline at the start of the season. But came back into the team and scored twice against Needham Market in front of the fans.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Got to agree Dave. Have come so far in a defunct season. The quality of play yesterday was a joy. Can only be the new hybrid. Full time has certainly given us an edge.
One of our visitors mentioned that we were the best team they had played all season. Considering the quality of players watching from the side lines, all bodes well for the future.
Can not disagree with Rhys as find of the season although I love watching Kevin Dawson on the ball.

Strictly speaking, if the season is null & void then there has been no league season; no appearances, no goals, no good (or bad performances); so we can only judge on the cups. FA Cup is best forgotten about, FA Trophy saw Tav’s hat trick putting him at top of the goal scoring chart, and I’d put JJ as POTS for his tenacity at both ends of the pitch in the three games we played.

Can’t believe I forgot Dawson and Mclure!up there with the best City players I’ve ever seen play for us!
Going to stick with O’Sullivan though as I’ve never seen him give the ball away and seems to do a lot of good work breaking up attacks with little niggly tackles, sees a lot of the ball every game.

Asante for me. We were very lucky to have him around for the time we did as he's a Football League player.

Got to agree Darran, Asante was the pivot around which JR built his team. May not have scored as many as Matt, but got through huge amounts of work and kept at least two defenders fully occupied most of the time.

Of the players who stayed I agree with the ones mentioned.

Defence wise, we're still missing Liam's leadership - from a footballing point of view he may regret having gone to Barnet. I suspect if he had stayed, my clean sheet bill would have been greater.

(28-02-2021, 09:50 PM)Darran Wrote:  Asante for me. We were very lucky to have him around for the time we did as he's a Football League player.
If he had stayed no doubt it would have been him, like you say a league player with out doubt, will be interesting to see how JR does as a manager  without the goals of Asante.