First ever football kit

When JJB used to be on the corner of north gate street they used to have kits for 10 pounds so my first kit was Hibernian since then ive always looked out for their results, funny how a such a small thing can start lifetime infinity!

Watford.

From Asda. There were several teams all neatly boxed, I thought it said £2.99, it was £12.99 and I think I cried until I got it!

Tiger Roar is always your friend https://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20202021.php

The first football shirt that I got was the Arsenal Home shirt 1990/91. It was bought from Intersport off Northgate Street. I wanted the Away Shirt, but was discouraged from having it.

Andrew Adebowale, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.

An old friend gave me this shirt as my first ever football shirt.  I practically lived in it.

[Image: tottenham-hotspur-1990-91-home.jpg]

The favorite shirt I ever owned was the silver Liverpool away shirt with candy as sponsor, a classic.

My first kit that I wore was blub&white quarters shirt ,white Short's, & blue sock's? It wasn't Bristol Rovers,but the mighty Findlay Road under nine's? It cost nothing and I didn't even wash it,it always came back clean ready for our next game?
Remember it well,we lost most games,but still loved playing. ( we were crap really. )

(31-03-2021, 03:53 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  My first kit that I wore was blub&white quarters shirt ,white Short's, & blue sock's? It wasn't Bristol Rovers,but the mighty Findlay Road under nine's? It cost nothing and I didn't even wash it,it always came back clean ready for our next game?
Remember it well,we lost most games,but still loved playing. ( we were crap really. )
Was Findlay road the school near white City? When I was a kid I always used to want to play on that pitch as we used to drive past and it was the only school/football pitch which used to have the square European goal nets like the ones at NMP, never got to play there though.

England World Cup 1990 from Gloucester Sports...The coolest 9 year old in longlevens!

Finlay Road school was the one that Rolf Harris did his show from, although they used Beaufort apparently.

Tiger Roar is always your friend https://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20202021.php

(30-03-2021, 12:08 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  The favorite shirt I ever owned was the silver Liverpool away shirt with candy as sponsor, a classic.
I've got the retro version of this, which a lot of the clubs sell these days.  Rarely wear football shirts now, but that grey shirt has to be up there for me as one of the best football shirts ever.