Old Meadow Park similarities.

I was looking at the excellent 'Tigers GCAFC Official Homecoming Programme'. I was reading about the Stat regarding FIRST/LAST Competitive Game at the Old Meadow Park. 
 I noticed some similarities between the two fixtures:-

1) Both Fixtures saw a 3-1 Win for GCAFC.

2) GCAFC played against two TOWN Teams, Hednesford TOWN and Clevedon TOWN.

3) Both GCAFC's Number '7' Surnames both started with the Letter 'M'. Murphy and Mustoe.

4) Unfortunately, I missed the Final Competitive game at Old Meadow Park. If I had sent, both attendances would have been 461.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Will the ground be officially opened at some point ?

Hope fully we will be getting good crowds in to MP for the coming season, so what can the fan's expect the pre match build up to be like.
Team line up's.
Club news ect.
Future functions.
Music requests. (Birthdays ect).
Fan's news.
H/T result's from the league.
Old videos played on the big screen.

OR something completely different. What would others like to see or hear ?Or has the club got it all sorted, 
Really think this season is the real start of the New Meadow Park, with crowds being allowed in from the start  of a new season since the ground was opened.

In all honesty we should be focusing on our own Club, fans and events as you have stated. It would therefore be interesting to hear youth team scores and fixtures particularly the U21’s and U23’s and you never know should they go well in their respective leagues draw a few in for home fixtures and of course use of the Club house and facilities on those evenings.

Paid a visit to the Club on Sunday evening just to show my son the new stadium as he was 14 the last time he visited. He was amazed at the change and will be arranging a Saturday off to come up from Bristol in the new season to bring my grandson along to see a game. The Club was buzzing and it ŵas great to see the 6 a side League in progress and the playing surface put to good use.

(17-05-2021, 12:28 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Hope fully we will be getting good crowds in to MP for the coming season, so what can the fan's expect the pre match build up to be like.
Team line up's.
Club news ect.
Future functions.
Music requests. (Birthdays ect).
Fan's news.
H/T result's from the league.
Old videos played on the big screen.

OR something completely different. What would others like to see or hear ?Or has the club got it all sorted, 
Really think this season is the real start of the New Meadow Park, with crowds being allowed in from the start  of a new season since the ground was opened.

To be fair Charlie has worked pretty hard to get a decent pre-match, match day and post-match tannoy experience including a pre-match video that is pretty incredible to be honest. 

As someone who has been lucky enough to go and cover games and being from outside the club itself I've got to say the whole matchday experience fans will get will be better than most clubs at this level, so everyone involved should be excited about what is to come

Back from my month or so off the COF and this is the first post I go to, lovely. Smile

It's normally when the fixtures come out for the next season I start thinking of new ideas for PA etc on how to improve things. Hopefully those who were able to volunteer last year would have noticed (particularly on the scoreboard) things getting better once I was learning more and more about it. And now my 4 years of travelling cross country for games is over, I should be able to spend more times on this.

Always willing to take new ideas on board, Greybeard I do all of what you mentioned already but thank you for saying them, because it's hard to gauge whether people like it or not. COVID dependent I would like to start doing "interviews" of some sort with fans as well (and AP if you're reading, I'd be happy to lose some of my wages if it would be possible to get a roaming mic Smile ).

The pre-match videos seemed quite popular too so I'll continue with those. But this season I'll be trying to maximise the use of the scoreboard, because it is a fantastic bit of equipment.

Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming forward though, I like seeing what our fans want. What I would love is for the club to have the best "matchday experience" of any sports club in Gloucestershire (including Gloucestershire Cricket) and I'd like to help the club in any way possible to reach that.

(17-05-2021, 02:56 PM)graymim Wrote:  In all honesty we should be focusing on our own Club, fans and events as you have stated. It would therefore be interesting to hear youth team scores and fixtures particularly the U21’s and U23’s and you never know should they go well in their respective leagues draw a few in for home fixtures and of course use of the Club house and facilities on those evenings.

With that in mind, they might consider providing any goal footage they have so that it can be shown pre / mid / post match.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20242025.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(17-05-2021, 05:41 PM)Neil Wrote:  With that in mind, they might consider providing any goal footage they have so that it can be shown pre / mid / post match.
We scored lots of goals last season and there were loads of exceptional ones. Gunning's free kick, Burroughs, Young, Mensah's long range thunderbolts, many of the team goals finished off by Matt or Akwasi. Would be great to be able to get a compilation and or goal of the season vote/competition.

(17-05-2021, 04:13 PM)Mr Snrub Wrote:  To be fair Charlie has worked pretty hard to get a decent pre-match, match day and post-match tannoy experience including a pre-match video that is pretty incredible to be honest. 

As someone who has been lucky enough to go and cover games and being from outside the club itself I've got to say the whole matchday experience fans will get will be better than most clubs at this level, so everyone involved should be excited about what is to come

Great to hear ,I only posted to find out if the pre match information and H/T scores + video's we're going to be put up on the big screen?or were thing's new going to happen.
Should have known that thing's are all ready in place,and not left to the last minute now.  Well done Charlie.

(17-05-2021, 04:14 PM)charlie Wrote:  Back from my month or so off the COF and this is the first post I go to, lovely. Smile

It's normally when the fixtures come out for the next season I start thinking of new ideas for PA etc on how to improve things. Hopefully those who were able to volunteer last year would have noticed (particularly on the scoreboard) things getting better once I was learning more and more about it. And now my 4 years of travelling cross country for games is over, I should be able to spend more times on this.

Always willing to take new ideas on board, Greybeard I do all of what you mentioned already but thank you for saying them, because it's hard to gauge whether people like it or not. COVID dependent I would like to start doing "interviews" of some sort with fans as well (and AP if you're reading, I'd be happy to lose some of my wages if it would be possible to get a roaming mic Smile ).

The pre-match videos seemed quite popular too so I'll continue with those. But this season I'll be trying to maximise the use of the scoreboard, because it is a fantastic bit of equipment.

Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming forward though, I like seeing what our fans want. What I would love is for the club to have the best "matchday experience" of any sports club in Gloucestershire (including Gloucestershire Cricket) and I'd like to help the club in any way possible to reach that.

Not being a critic of what you have done or what you are going to do for the club in the future Charlie?I would just like to point out that  I have not had the pleasure  of even being in Meadow Park to see or hear the full-scale of what you do on a match day, and only seen snippits on streaming,so looking forward to my first home game .
Again keep up the great work for the club &fans.

(17-05-2021, 07:05 PM)Citygull Wrote:  We scored lots of goals last season and there were loads of exceptional ones. Gunning's free kick, Burroughs, Young, Mensah's long range thunderbolts, many of the team goals finished off by Matt or Akwasi. Would be great to be able to get a compilation and or goal of the season vote/competition.

Does anyone have them saved in decent quality? I have loads from the best part of the decade before the club started using the training camera to do them and they are so far away in some cases it's hard to see whats happening. I don't think it'll look that great on the big screen Sad

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20242025.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php