John Finnigan

New comercial manager, Could be a shrewd appointment this,will know a lot of local businesses from his 6 years in the job at C********m,let's hope he can do a good job and getting news sponsors on board.

I’m very excited by this appointment and genuinely think in local sport he is as good as it gets. It’s a vitally important role and we’ve got someone in who has done a brilliant job for C********m doing it.

Welcome John!

Thanks Charlie ... Finners comes highly recommended and his track record speaks for itself.

AP

Can remember his name playing for CTFC. Looking on The Robins Nest Forum, he was highly regarded as a player, and in his role as Commercial Manager.
 Looks to be a fantastic appointment. 
Welcome John to GCAFC, and the Newly formed Basketball Teams.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Finners is a legend at Whaddon Road, and rightly so.

He came in to replace an injured Archie Howells on transfer deadline day (before transfer windows when it was in March) and scored on his debut. He then went on to score in the playoff final to make it 3-1 against Rushden and seal promotion. I think it was during the following season that he was named captain a few times when Mark Yates was out of the side, and then he got the job full-time when Yates moved on.

He then captained us to a playoff victory in 2006 and remained loved by all. I had a drink with him once (he won't remember) after we sealed League One safety at Rotherham in 2007, at the Brewer's Fayre in Tewkesbury and he was a properly down to earth bloke, happy to make time for those of us there.

Regarding his commercial job at the Robins, he appears to have done great, getting numerous sponsors on board and it was great having an old legend running that sort of thing at the club. I can't say I had any dealings with him personally, but a guy I know who runs his own firm said he drove a really hard bargain. I'm glad he's found something after the odd way his role at the club came to an end and certainly wish him all the best.

Si, not interested in your first three paragraphs, and only a little in your fourth.

Hopefully your messiah will come good with City. We've had a lot of commercial managers in our time.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen