National League

Jack is a good appointment, he's contactable and he cares.

As for the voting ... we all know it's not fair, but Step 1 is what brings in the income via the sponsorship and BT deal ... so sadly ... it's life. But ... the NL are looking at the EFL model, which would help us a lot! So fingers crossed that does come in.

AP

(27-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Jack is a good appointment, he's contactable and he cares.

As for the voting ... we all know it's not fair, but Step 1 is what brings in the income via the sponsorship and BT deal ... so sadly ... it's life. But ... the NL are looking at the EFL model, which would help us a lot! So fingers crossed that does come in.

AP

What is the EFL model Alex?

(27-06-2021, 10:14 PM)Darran Wrote:  What is the EFL model Alex?
I presume it’s weighted voting, although there have been some working groups set up to review the EFL set-up. But on some matters the Championship have three votes to League 1’s two votes & League 2’s one vote, with additional independent votes too (or proportional equivalents to the 3-2-1 stated above).

Yes correct, so votes like a no conference in the board is 1 vote per club, but stopping the whole NL would be weighted towards to NL Prem. As currently it's nearly impossible ... if not impossible (I haven't done the math) for the N&S to have any say ...

AP

Our Supporters Trust attended a session last week with the "Fan-led Review" into Football Governance appointed after the EPL Super League fiasco. Our particular session was predominantly Step 1 and 2 clubs and it's clear that the Review Panel have voting structures both in the EFL and the National League system very much in their sights. Of course whether this will translate into meaningful action only time will tell!

Salary cap for 2022/23 onwards, an ethics committee y to o be introduced also. Interesting developments.

The season will also only start if crowds are allowed or funding is in place. Would be a surprise if crowds aren't allowed though so we should be good to go.

(01-07-2021, 07:12 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Salary cap for 2022/23 onwards, an ethics committee y to o be introduced also. Interesting developments.
I notice a Chesterfield rep has been added to the Board - perhaps because of his inside knowledge of ethics and uncapped salaries.

Confirmation too that 3 clubs will go down next season from our two divisions and 8 will come up from Step 3 giving all 3 National League divisions 24 clubs in 22/23.   I assume some of the more ambitious Step 3 clubs will be investing heavily...

Tracy Crouch has now written to the Culture Secretary with the preliminary findings/recommendations of the Fan Led Review. The letter doesn't mince words, especially about the National League (page 5-6).
see https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...Format.pdf

Thanks again Gull.
Interesting to see how this plays out. I’m sure we will hear the now familiar mantra of “government interference in football is banned under FIFA statutes” - for those interested, it is Statute 15©: …to be independent and avoid any form of political interference…
Will the Minister for Sport, or the Secretary of State take any notice or simply move the blame around until they get moved onto the next job?