National League

(22-07-2021, 02:43 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Thanks again Gull.
Interesting to see how this plays out. I’m sure we will hear the now familiar mantra of “government interference in football is banned under FIFA statutes” - for those interested, it is Statute 15©: …to be independent and avoid any form of political interference…
Will the Minister for Sport, or the Secretary of State take any notice or simply move the blame around until they get moved onto the next job?
Fear you may be right ODG. It possibly depends on whether Tracey Crouch's personal stock continues its renaissance following her ill health. She's certainly an impressive operator and this is a matter she clearly cares about.

For anyone with the stamina here's a link to a number of papers including full 200 page FSA submission: the executive summary alone is 20 pages+.  One of the other links deals with (if not solves)  the issue of "Fifa statutes/political interference" referred to by ODG earlier. All very helpful if you have trouble sleeping in this weather!
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-led-revie...ence-here/

(23-07-2021, 11:17 AM)Citygull Wrote:  For anyone with the stamina here's a link to a number of papers including full 200 page FSA submission: the executive summary alone is 20 pages+.  One of the other links deals with (if not solves)  the issue of "Fifa statutes/political interference" referred to by ODG earlier. All very helpful if you have trouble sleeping in this weather!
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-led-revie...ence-here/
Great Gull, thank you.
The sentiments are good, but the reluctance (or perceived reluctance) of the FA “suits” to give over the control to an independent body would likely require a firm hand from government. This I fear would be the sticking point, as FIFA themselves are also in need of more reform - they may wish to make an example of us by enforcing punishment. However, both the French & Italian governments in the recent past (last 5yrs) have forced the hands of their FA’s over the role of intermediaries (agents) and the licensing thereof. Neither were punished, so as long as the FSA are robust in their reasoning and have sound defence arguments in place, I see no reason for FIFA to act.

We can but hope...?