Gloucester sport full monty

If GS goes from strength to strength it could be a possibility that our owners purchase the rugby club just as Steve Lansdowne did( he is billionaire though),If it did ever happen how would it be received by the rugby and football supporters? Can definitely see the advantages but certainly wouldn't come cheap!I support anything or anyone which goes by my City's name so I'd be happy with it if it did ever happen.

Fusbal uber alles

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Its a nice idea in some respects, but I think it would be a tall order.  Personally for me the fact that Gloucester Sport could bring new sports to the city, and actually increase the offering available to the City is better than trying to buy something that already exists.

I wonder what other sports could be considered to increase the brand - nothing immediately springs to mind for me.

Ice hockey would probably be popular,not to mention Gloucester would get its own ice rink to use instead of having to drive to Swindon, instead of buying the rugby club a multi use arena might be a better idea, it's easy spending someone else's money!

You say that as if somehow an ice rink is a vital part of infrastructure. I can’t think of a bigger waste of money.

Personally I think the rugby club seem to be doing ok, their fans are happy with mediocrity and even when they get to European finals most people in the city don’t really care.

Getting city into the football league would be a bigger sporting achievement than winning the rugby premiership

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(29-06-2021, 09:37 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  You say that as if somehow an ice rink is a vital part of infrastructure. I can’t think of a bigger waste of money.

Personally I think the rugby club seem to be doing ok, their fans are happy with mediocrity and even when they get to European finals most people in the city don’t really care.

Getting city into the football league would be a bigger sporting achievement than winning the rugby premiership
I'm thinking along the lines that an ice rink can be used by the public or rented out and the rugby club already have a ground built which could stage championship) league 1 football if ever needed which could be used by the both Sports.I was suprised to read about the rugby club building a new academy/ training building as less than 6 months ago they said they were struggling to stay afloat.

Ice Hockey rink? Do I need to dig out the vision of the future clippings?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

There used to be a Gloucestershire Rugby League Team. They played at a venue in C********m, think it is called the Prince of Wales Stadium? They were quite high up the Rugby League pyramid, League One I think.
 Went to watch them at a Home game once. They played Barrow who are a good team. They brought a few fans down with them.
 I think that in that season, Toulouse were in the league. Then the next season, Toronto were in the league
 Don't  think that the Gloucestershire Rugby Team extist now. The Rugby league season runs through Summer I think, compared to the Winter of Rugby Union.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(30-06-2021, 01:37 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  There used to be a Gloucestershire Rugby League Team. They played at a venue in C********m, think it is called the Prince of Wales Stadium? They were quite high up the Rugby League pyramid, League One I think.
 Went to watch them at a Home game once. They played Barrow who are a good team. They brought a few fans down with them.
 I think that in that season, Toulouse were in the league. Then the next season, Toronto were in the league
 Don't  think that the Gloucestershire Rugby Team extist now. The Rugby league season runs through Summer I think, compared to the Winter of Rugby Union.
Still active but seem to mainly be based out of Bristol now.
https://www.allgoldsrugby.co.uk/contact/

(30-06-2021, 01:37 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  There used to be a Gloucestershire Rugby League Team. They played at a venue in C********m, think it is called the Prince of Wales Stadium? They were quite high up the Rugby League pyramid, League One I think.
Wasn't that the team that we talked about building a stadium with but nothing came if it?

(30-06-2021, 11:16 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Wasn't that the team that we talked about building a stadium with but nothing came if it?
I remember there used to be quite a lot of rugby league on TV( every Saturday) when Wigan and St Helens were dominant, I preferred it to Union as it was quicker and easier to understand the rules.