E-Tickets

1 - Will they be in use all season, even for season ticket holders like we had to have one for the Leamington game?

2 - Can we still pay on the day. Asking for an old man who has a smartphone in the cupboard somewhere.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Hi Neil,

Yes e-tickets are here to stay and they can be brought on the day if we have tickets available ...

Thanks

AP

Just to clarify - season tickets holders still have to obtain an e ticket for every game?

And is it completely cashless entry eg. You can turn up and pay like you would have done in the past but with card only, or do you still have to buy an e ticket online every time even if you are at the turnstile with a card ready to pay?

There will be a lot of old folk who still deal in cash and won’t have a clue

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

That's my concern. If you don't have a season ticket and want to pay on the day but the club don't want to handle cash then do you just go to the turnstile and pay with a contactless debit card or do you have to purchase an e-ticket and show it on your phone?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Firstly ... and I'm aware you all know ... but this isn't us being difficult. The league / FA and even No 10 are keen for cashless and contactless.

The facts are this, we don't have a physical use for season tickets. We as a club have the technology to issue season tickets holders a QR code for each game, or for the whole season, which will be scanned at the gate.

If Neil bring his Dad along, he can pay via card on the day, just tap the card on the card reader and in you go. Cashless is not 'all ticket' ... York and Hereford will be 'all ticket' games, as we feel we'll sell out. So for 'all ticket' games, you can't pay on the day, unless of course there's a number of tickets left and then they will be sold off ... but if this is the case we'll advertise the ticket before the kick off date.

So 95% of games will just be normal ... meaning pay on the day via contactless, same as the bar ... ideally just contactless card payments please.
Does this mean we'll turn away someone with a £20 note ... no. We're not that dumb, it just means they'll have to wait until we can find the coins for the change. As we are actively pushing for cashless. We also then don't have the worries of cash around club, or cash being stolen or paying banking fees for cash ... it also means Trev doesn't have to go the bank to cash it.

The real question is ... as season ticket cards are completely pointless and have zero use ... why don't we just have QR codes emailed out. If you lose it we can change the code and re-issue, if you don't want to print it off don't bother, we'll just scan it off your phones. If you don't have a computer or access to the internet ... firstly you can't read this post anyway ha ha and secondly we can print off your QR code for you at the club or via Trev or get a family member to do it. And the final safety net is we have a list of season ticket holders anyway. So very very worst case is ... you can't use emails, you can't use a printer, you don't have a smart phone, you can't get to the club to collect your QR code we print for you ... yet somehow you get to the ground for the match ... we'll just check the system and let you in ... we've a number of safety nets. But the scan QR code means we know who's in the ground, not just how many people ...

A QR code is a posh bar code if those that didn't know.

So ... are we ready for the 2021 ... no physical season tickets ...

AP

Cheers for answering - I was having visions of queues of people in the car park peering at smartphones trying to buy an e ticket.

Regarding the season tickets, is it possible to print the QR code for the season on the season ticket? That way it serves a purpose. I understand if it seems a bit pointless as you can just print it off but some people like the prestige of having a physical season ticket with their name on it

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

AP brilliant - in my 50 yrs plus of following and being involved u are a breath of fresh air. So now everyone knows ( good post TM). In years gone by ( albeit before modern technology) it was almost secretive.
How far have we come in a few albeit interrupted seasons. Thanks.

(20-07-2021, 06:34 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Cheers for answering - I was having visions of queues of people in the car park peering at smartphones trying to buy an e ticket. 

Regarding the season tickets, is it possible to print the QR code for the season on the season ticket? That way it serves a purpose. I understand if it seems a bit pointless as you can just print it off but some people like the prestige of having a physical season ticket with their name on it

In truth Matty ... you tattoo the QR code on your bum if you don't mind it being scanned. Tongue

Would we as a club print them on a card you for ... no. As this is like being vegan and eating fish, oh and eggs on a Sunday, but only with toast soldiers, but clearly with a plant based butter as adding milk would just make you crazy ... and what would the neighbours think!

AP

Thanks Alex that's answered my concerns reagrding access for my dad, he didn't want a season ticket that I normally buy him so in a way it might've created a problem but if he can just use contactless then he'll be able to manage.

So I can't pay with apples this year then?

This world is changing too fast for my liking, I want to get off

10 out of 10 for footballing zen