Cinderford Parking

Any ideas who scored the other two trailist goals?
Any decent forwards?

Danny King got the second after a good cross by Arthur (like the idea of a King Arthur partnership)

I think it was Dan Bartlett who got the third.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(22-07-2021, 07:42 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  A well contested game, was good to see Bremner and King still involved and both looking like they have something to offer. Clearly Paul Groves thinks they have potential, be good to see them kick on and try to stake a claim for a place in the side this season

Some of last nights players (to the best of my knowledge) included:

Liam Armstrong - ex Bristol rovers GK
Dan Djurovic - ex Birmingham City defender
Kieran Evans - ex Swansea midfielder
Koby Arthurs - ex Birmingham, Macclesfield and Kiddy winger
Going Purley by YouTube and internet findings Koby Arthur would be a good signing if we could get him playing to to the potential he obviously has,Did Si Robin ever watch him play for C********m?

(22-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Going Purley by YouTube and internet findings Koby Arthur would be a good signing if we could get him playing to to the potential he obviously has,Did Si Robin ever watch him play for C********m?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvll0ejKoXU
Agree, looks like he would be a good character to have around the club too.

(22-07-2021, 11:28 AM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvll0ejKoXU
Agree, looks like he would be a good character to have around the club too.

Apparently released a few weeks ago by Kiddy they stated he had a few injuries and failed to live up to his promise, perhaps PG can get him firing again as he seems to have the talent and experience....

(22-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Prorsum Semper Wrote:  Going Purley by YouTube and internet findings Koby Arthur would be a good signing if we could get him playing to to the potential he obviously has,Did Si Robin ever watch him play for C********m?

Koby's career seemed to drop off a cliff not long after returning to Birmingham from us.

We had him on loan at the start of our relegation season in 14/15 and he quickly got a reputation as a super-sub, scoring a few goals off the bench which took us to the top of the league in September.  This run of form got him recalled by Birmingham and he played a few Championship games.

We then had him back on loan not long after getting back into the Football League and he seemed to have lost that drive he had the first time we had him and I think he barely got on the pitch.

He's still only 25, so you'd like to think he should be reaching his peak now.

How come no one has noticed how many young local players we had last night ... some even with us from the age of ten years old ... This is the fruits of the revamped academy and the introduction of the 21's and 23's ... So much work has gone in over the past 3 months since the last lockdown was lifted.

Our 21's/ 23's will also play our county cup games.

AP

Was great to see and fair play to PG for giving them a chance to show what they can do.

Historically we’ve always been able to produce players who are good Southern League players, but not so many who are genuine step 2 and above standard. If we can bridge that gap then we are in business.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

I agree Matty and with Robbo now bridging that gap working under PG .. we'll hopefully see some form of return ...

AP

To be fair there's always been talent in Gloucester, when I was playing youth football there was some very good players in Glos and the Forest but Glos city didn't have an academy like it has now and we all used to want to get trials at Swindon or Bristol Rovers,I'm sure we will see the rewards of this over the next few years,just look at C********m over the last 10 years, decent transfer fees received for Edge and Thomas to name just a couple.