Coventry 'XI'

Whatever happened to the friendly that Arsenal supposedly promised us after the floods?

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

No one in the current hierarchy probably know about it. Who was the contact in 2007?

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20242025.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

I'm not sure the "XI" will make a big difference. How many Coventry players can people name these days? They've had a fair drop since the days of Dublin and Huckerby.

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to seeing who we've got out there. Bit of a different team compared to 12 months ago, but definitely a better team than 24 months ago.

I'm not sure I've seen City in a friendly with more than 300 fans post year 2000, so I wouldn't read too much into today's attendance. York will be a much better benchmark.

I’m sure there will be a large number of scouts present too, Coventry have one of the best, most productive youth academies in the country. We’ve benefited from their output last season and this.

2-0 up, Jordan getting both.
Pretty solid looking side this, Cameron looks a solid player, always available- covering the defence while offering in attack too- with pointers from the gaffer. Sign Noah up- solid defender in a position we are light. MMcC’s touch is on another level. Kieran Trialist is decent tidy player, needs to keep his shin pads in check though.

Ex wolves and Sheffield Utd forward Leon Clarke starts the second half

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(31-07-2021, 04:02 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Ex wolves and Sheffield Utd forward Leon Clarke starts the second half
He was top scorer in the championship not so long ago, I know he's 36 but this would be a coup if we were to sign,was recommended by Di Canio so I heard!

694 the attendance today, Coventry took 494 to C********m with an overall crowd of about 1100.
I'd say that's pretty decent for a psf if Coventry only had say 100 supporters.

Trialist #21 looked decent when he came on up front, replacing MMcC. Held the ball up well and more importantly linked nicely with all the runners. Danny King scored a beaut.

Genuinely delighted for the team, Alex and Eamon but most of all for all those of you who have travelled all points of the compass to home games these last years who would have dreamed of 4 goals wins at home in the City and in front of a crowd. I hope you had a blast and made some good memories this afternoon.

Hopefully it's the sort of score that will attract the wider public's attention and prompt a few more to come to the next games to see what all the fuss is about.

(31-07-2021, 05:11 PM)Stable Lad Wrote:  Genuinely delighted for the team, Alex and Eamon but most of all for all those of you who have travelled all points of the compass to home games  these last years who would have dreamed of 4 goals wins at home in the City and in front of a crowd.  I hope you had a blast and made some good memories this afternoon. 

Hopefully it's the sort of score that will attract the wider public's attention and prompt a few more to come to the next games to see what all the fuss is about.
Spot on , I thought we might struggle to score goals this year, but thats 11 in 3 against decent opposition,Jordon Young is on fire!