On this day...

As was my daughter, in 1979.

(10-08-2021, 09:36 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  10th August ?

What do the following ex-gcafc players have in common?

Keanu Marsh-Brown, Theo Lewis, Luke Corbett.

They were all Born on today's Date. Wishing you all a Very Happy Birthday!!!

And me ,71 year's  ago,In the back of a taxi out side  the old Royal Infirmary a&e in south gate street ?
Was told that the taxi driver was not to pleased? ( much later of course ).

11th August 2006.

On this Date, in 2006, GCAFC had a preseason friendly match away at Staunton and Corse. I believe this match was played on a Friday evening.
 Gloucester were to run out 14 - 0 winners. The goalscorers were:- Bevan (3), Corbett (3), Tustain (3), Welsh (2), Tomkins, Wilson and Harris. 
 I unfortunately missed this match, and I live about a mile from Staunton.  Cry
 I went to playschool at Staunton Village Hall.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

13th August 2020.

Today is Friday 13th, 2021, Aaahhh!!! On 13th August 2020, the New Meadow Park pitch had been completed. The new pitch was greeted by heavy rain, which the new surface dealt well with.
 AP gave an update via Twitter on the new surface at New Meadow Park, during the rain.

13th August 2019.

Sorry, I have another entry for today's date. This came up as a reminder on my phone, from the photographs that I have taken in the past.

Kidderminster harriers 2 - 3 Gloucester City.
                                                    National League North
                                               Tuesday 13th August 2019

On this date, we gained a famous win at Aggbrough Stadium.We found ourselves 2 - 0 down at halftime. In the 2nd half, Joe Parker got a goal back, Marlon Jackson equalised, then Joe Hanks scored from a penalty to give us a 3 - 2 win.
 The cottage pies tasted all the more nicer that night. Shame that Kidderminster Harriers and the Catering Company have parted ways, after a partnership of more than 50 years.

16th August 1994.

Sorry, I am a day late with this.

We played Everton in a preseason friendly at Meadow Park. Everton brought the First Team pretty much. Vinny Samways and Anders Limpar were on show for Everton.
We drew the game 1 - 1, with Karl Bayliss scoring for Gloucester. A good crowd of 2505 were in attendance at Meadow Park.
I was sat in the seated stand, my Sister came to the match as well. Her now Husband is an Everton supporter, who just so happened to be in the crowd somewhere at this game.
They were to meet each other a few years later via work

17th August 2019.

On this date in 2019, GCAFC were away to Chester FC. We at this early stage of the season, had won away at Blyth Spartans and Kidderminster Harriers.
 This away fixture proved a bridge too far, to win away from home again. We went onto lose the game 4 - 0, back to earth with a bump. After the impressive start we had made in our return to the National League North.