Poll: Season tickets on sale 01 May (ish) - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes please get them selling
70.00%
70.00%
Wait if we can
30.00%
30.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Season tickets ....

Of course a club can change grounds mid season, if the league approve it.
Spurs changed grounds mid season.
If a club suffered a stadium fire, or flooding, there would be no reason why they should not be able to complete their fixtures at a different ground; again, with the consent of the league.
The league make the rules of the league, quite why they are all suddenly polling their members about decision making is beyond me.

(22-04-2020, 06:01 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Hi Lee,

No, if we start at season at Bath, we will be able to move during the season. I've asked that question a number of times and written to the league about it.

Let's just see how far we get with the ground as we've already achieved something special, with no end of storms and bad weather trying to hold us back and now Covid-19. We're still doing ok...

AP

Honestly, they could make a film about our exile. In fact I'm going to write it, I've just decided. 

I'll ask my old mate Hal Cruttenden to play Dave Angel, I reckon Danny Dyer will do Easty as long as he can get a stunt double in to do the garden marathon. Van Morrison can play Exiled, so he can.

Just need a working title - 'Bridge over Troubled Water'?, I'll ask Art Garfunkel if he can do the screenplay

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(22-04-2020, 08:06 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Of course a club can change grounds mid season, if the league approve it.
If a club suffered a stadium fire, or flooding, there would be no reason why they should not be able to complete their fixtures at a different ground; again, with the consent of the league.
The league make the rules of the league, quite why they are all suddenly polling their members about decision making is beyond me.

Yes. Pretty sure at our level Dulwich Hamlet did that last season when they were able to return to Champion Hill (we played them early in the season at T&M's ground), so no problem

(22-04-2020, 08:16 PM)SHANDY LOVE MACHINE Wrote:  
(22-04-2020, 06:01 PM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  Hi Lee,

No, if we start at season at Bath, we will be able to move during the season. I've asked that question a number of times and written to the league about it.

Let's just see how far we get with the ground as we've already achieved something special, with no end of storms and bad weather trying to hold us back and now Covid-19. We're still doing ok...

AP

Honestly, they could make a film about our exile. In fact I'm going to write it, I've just decided. 

I'll ask my old mate Hal Cruttenden to play Dave Angel, I reckon Danny Dyer will do Easty as long as he can get a stunt double in to do the garden marathon. Van Morrison can play Exiled, so he can.

Just need a working title - 'Bridge over Troubled Water'?, I'll ask Art Garfunkel if he can do the screenplay
Ha ha, Danny ‘effing’ Dyer. Who’s gonna play Goughy?

(22-04-2020, 06:24 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  
(22-04-2020, 06:19 PM)Darran Wrote:  I thought a club weren't allowed to change surface's during a season?

Urban myth. 

I believed it myself, but it's been confirmed there is no such rule even mentioned. 

No idea where it originated.

Pangolins, bats or a lab (not duggie)

(22-04-2020, 08:23 PM)Bobby Wrote:  
(22-04-2020, 08:06 PM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  Of course a club can change grounds mid season, if the league approve it.

Yes. Pretty sure at our level Dulwich Hamlet did that last season when they were able to return to Champion Hill (we played them early in the season at T&M's ground), so no problem

Changing grounds was never the issue, changing surface was the thing that people thought wasn't allowed. Tooting's ground is grass as is Dulwich's and obviously Spurs was on grass as well.

(22-04-2020, 10:12 PM)Darran Wrote:  

Changing grounds was never the issue, changing surface was the thing that people thought wasn't allowed. Tooting's ground is grass as is Dulwich's and obviously Spurs was on grass as well.
Spurs don’t play on grass, they play on hybrid, as do most PL sides. Spurs changed from a Wembley grassmaster surface to a different surface supplied by SCX sourced from Holland, does this fit your definition for a change in surface?

(23-04-2020, 12:18 AM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  
(22-04-2020, 10:12 PM)Darran Wrote:  

Spurs don’t play on grass, they play on hybrid, as do most PL sides. Spurs changed from a Wembley grassmaster surface to a different surface supplied by SCX sourced from Holland, does this fit your definition for a change in surface?

No it doesn't. If Spurs played on a 3G pitch that isn't allowed so they are essentially playing on a grass pitch. We would have been doing something very different if we had to play in Bath, but given it looks like we wont be playing football before January then that won't be an issue as the ground will surely be ready by then.

How about the rule book, does that answer your question?
All Competition Matches shall be played on pitches deemed suitable by the Management Committee. If through any fault of the home Team a match has to be replayed, the Management Committee shall have power to order the venue to be changed.
The Management Committee shall have power to decide whether a pitch and/or facilities are suitable for Competition Matches and to order the Club concerned to play its Competition Match(es) on another ground.
Football Turf Pitches (3G) are allowed in this Competition provided they meet the required performance standards and are listed on the FA’s Register of Football Turf Pitches. All Football Turf Pitches used must be tested (by a FIFA accredited test institute) every three years and the results passed to The FA.
Apologies Lee & Alex for going off-piste, I was getting a tad piste-off

(23-04-2020, 12:55 AM)OldDirtyGlasses Wrote:  How about the rule book, does that answer your question?
All Competition Matches shall be played on pitches deemed suitable by the Management Committee. If through any fault of the home Team a match has to be replayed, the Management Committee shall have power to order the venue to be changed.
The Management Committee shall have power to decide whether a pitch and/or facilities are suitable for Competition Matches and to order the Club concerned to play its Competition Match(es) on another ground.
Football Turf Pitches (3G) are allowed in this Competition provided they meet the required performance standards and are listed on the FA’s Register of Football Turf Pitches. All Football Turf Pitches used must be tested (by a FIFA accredited test institute) every three years and the results passed to The FA.
Apologies Lee & Alex for going off-piste, I was getting a tad piste-off

To be honest I am not even sure why you are pressing the subject. A question was asked about if we could go from playing at Bath on a grass pitch to playing at Meadow Park on a 3G pitch. That was answered by Dave and Alex and we then moved on. This was not the same as Dulwich's move back home which was mentioned as being the same thing.