Southport

(16-08-2021, 07:50 PM)Andrew B Wrote:  Sorry, was just thinking, Matt McClure was a James Rowe signing? Believe he was signed while we were playing at Evesham? Would think he would have played in an away match in front of our fans.

Yes. He made his debut at Guiseley, scored our goal in the 6-1 defeat at Alfreton, and also played at Bradford and Kettering. He scored our equaliser in the last game we played at Evesham vs Farsley. Bernard Mensah, who got our winner in the Farsley match, also scored at Kettering and at Bradford where we had quite a good following as it was a 6 pointer. Looking forward to seeing Bernard back in red and yellow. Assuming we sign a new striker there'll be tough competition for places up front!
[/quote]

(16-08-2021, 10:39 PM)Citygull Wrote:  Yes. He made his debut at Guiseley, scored our goal in the 6-1 defeat at Alfreton, and also played at Bradford and Kettering. He scored our equaliser in the last game we played at Evesham vs Farsley and Bernard Mensah, who got our winner in the Farsley match, also scored at Kettering and at Bradford where we had quite a good following as it was a 6 pointer.
Thanks for that. I was at the Bradford and Kettering games. Can remember Bernard scoring at Kettering, (that was the last match that I went to that season). Missed the Farsley match. 
 It seemed to be a combination of the older players, Hamilton, Hanks, Jackson, with the newer players, Daly, Mensah, McClure.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

I doubt we'll face a more direct team then Southport ... I think our stats showed 28 long balls or long throws into our box in the second half alone ... We'll keep learning and keep trying.

Thank you for your support.

AP