FA Cup

As far as I am aware clubs aren't allowed to swap venues now unless you got a situation where the weather kept getting in the way. No way would Longlevens want to give up home advantage though and the BBC are only going to turn up if they are at home. If they don't pick this tie as the TV game then they will have made a poor choice.

Well it couldn’t get any lower could it?
A defeat to Longlevens would be unforgivable and intolerable.
Now City need to be professional, honest and play like their lives depend on it.

I know Groves job will depend on it and that a 100% certainty.

(06-09-2021, 01:04 PM)charlie Wrote:  Longlevens away!

Will a coach be running for this ???

Might make it a all weekender and stay at my daughters  who only moved there last Thursday ?
Haven't been to visit yet ?and  I might even watch the game from her back garden if I'm lucky .

(06-09-2021, 03:02 PM)graymim Wrote:  600 to 700 I think is a bit over optimistic. Would definitely pull in that many but would be like the front row at a rock concert. Not for me. Covid is still very much in the air. May have to be all ticket and a limited number.
I read that it was capacity of 500 at Saw Mills. Can’t be more than 2-3 metres width at any point round the pitch though. Stewarding necessary

A bit bored at the weekend I went to their last tie. The two goals they scored were pretty direct hoof it up the field. They were lucky to hang on. There was some '' bigwig" of there's ( I know) in the stand next to me who announced City were losing at Chorley, I thought with some glee. Can't even imagine what it would be like to lose. Great tie though. Probably the best it could be.

Professional Worky Ticket

One of my grandson's plays for Longlevens U14 and he watched the York game with me.  I may have to bribe him to support 'City' - but I'm up for it  Wink

(06-09-2021, 05:41 PM)Mr.Magoo Wrote:  A bit bored at the weekend I went to their last tie. The two goals they scored were pretty direct hoof it up the field. They were lucky to hang on. There was some '' bigwig" of there's ( I know) in the stand next to me who announced City were losing at Chorley, I thought with some glee. Can't even imagine what it would be like to lose. Great tie though. Probably the best it could be.
People involved in local football have a problem with the club. Not sure if it’s jealousy or what, but they all seem to think the club owes them something and that we somehow don’t deserve to be a professional outfit. That’s the impression I get anyway. This despite the fact they are busy playing on Saturdays and not actually supporting the club.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

I went to watch a Longlevens game a few years ago and their Secretary spoke to me after the game saying he doesn’t understand why Gloucester City want to move back. He reckoned there’s only room for themselves and Tuffley, and said “Longlevens are clearly a much bigger club than Gloucester City, no one cares about them.”

He soon went quiet when I said I was a city supporter.

Quite like Tuffley Rovers, but since this I can’t stand Longlevens anymore.

Tommy Callinan Jr plays for them.