Leon Chambers-Parillion

Its hard to see what else that LM could do to overhaul the squad in the short term - we have players on contract, there is a budget and you have to cut your cloth etc etc.  Ultimately any signing bears some level of risk and these types of loans means you have access to talented but largely untested footballers.  Some will be a success, some will not and that will always be the case.  Very few clubs at this level are going to be able to rely on a squad full of high quality experienced players.  You have to take the odd gamble on youngsters - lets hope they turn out to be a good gamble.

(01-10-2021, 02:27 PM)Neil Wrote:  I love the array of optimism and pessimism you get on this forum. Never change Darran!

I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic when it comes to these sort of players as I know little about them apart from what games they have featured in, but let's be fair most of them turn out not to be anything special. Saying a player is highly touted means little as like I say most of them are. Hopefully he will turn out to be one of the better ones we have had.

(01-10-2021, 02:29 PM)RJS Wrote:  Its hard to see what else that LM could do to overhaul the squad in the short term - we have players on contract, there is a budget and you have to cut your cloth etc etc.  Ultimately any signing bears some level of risk and these types of loans means you have access to talented but largely untested footballers.  Some will be a success, some will not and that will always be the case.  Very few clubs at this level are going to be able to rely on a squad full of high quality experienced players.  You have to take the odd gamble on youngsters - lets hope they turn out to be a good gamble.

I don't disagree with any of that. They are essentially impossible to judge until we see how they get on for us.

(01-10-2021, 11:15 AM)Neil Wrote:  19 year old midfielder signed on loan from Oxford United.
Did you spell his name wrong just so it rhymes with Marillion?  Tongue

(01-10-2021, 02:30 PM)Darran Wrote:  I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic when it comes to these sort of players as I know little about them apart from what games they have featured in, but let's be fair most of them turn out not to be anything special. Saying a player is highly touted means little as like I say most of them are. Hopefully he will turn out to be one of the better ones we have had.

I agree. Pretty much every player in this league was highly rated at a League club at that age. That fact should be used as a carrott to encourage them to succeed even more.

(01-10-2021, 02:43 PM)T-End is in sight Wrote:  Did you spell his name wrong just so it rhymes with Marillion?  Tongue

I was just fishing.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(01-10-2021, 02:29 PM)RJS Wrote:  Its hard to see what else that LM could do to overhaul the squad in the short term - we have players on contract, there is a budget and you have to cut your cloth etc etc.  Ultimately any signing bears some level of risk and these types of loans means you have access to talented but largely untested footballers.  Some will be a success, some will not and that will always be the case.  Very few clubs at this level are going to be able to rely on a squad full of high quality experienced players.  You have to take the odd gamble on youngsters - lets hope they turn out to be a good gamble.
Agree with this, people are forgetting that we already have decent players in the squad,I think a lot of our problems came from PG,the season re Starts Vs Folkestone,or at least that's how it feels.

Thought the lad played really well today.

(09-10-2021, 06:04 PM)Pims manager again Wrote:  Thought the lad played really well today.
Agree, linked up well with the other loanee - at this rate we’re only heading in One Direction.  Cool

Leon’s loan also ends tomorrow, again, unless it’s been extended. Really impressed with Leon, thanks.

Re called by Oxford.

And loaned straight to Havant. You live by the sword you die by the sword.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”