U18 v Halesowen

An enjoyable crisp autumn evening at NMP watching City win 2-1 in what was a closely fought contest which required some focused defending towards the end to see us over the line against a good opponent. I cannot tell you who scored; I do not know the names and did not see a team sheet.  

I was asked during the evening if I knew the name of the City coach who was shouting instructions throughout much of the game.  I could not answer so ask the question here so I'll know next time.

My 3rd visit to see the U18s this season and each match has been very entertaining, competitive and with plenty of skill on show.  If you get the chance it is well worth forsaking the TV for an evening and popping down to watch.  It's a pity that the fixtures are not flagged up so much these days; something else we have perhaps lost on here since AP's decision.  The fixtures tab off the club website leads you to the FA site and that has the fixtures, results and tables.  This shows our next home game is on the 17th v Frampton in the County Cup and then the 22nd v Sutton Coldfield in the League cup.  Whether these are both correct I've no clue but it suggests there are games to keep an eye out for in the coming few weeks.

The League table shows us top after 7 games with a 5-1-1 record.  Rugby Town are a point behind having played one game less.

(09-11-2021, 09:11 AM)Stable Lad Wrote:  I was asked during the evening if I knew the name of the City coach who was shouting instructions throughout much of the game.  I could not answer so ask the question here so I'll know next time.
Nick Reiger is the U18’s head coach I believe, his son Christian plays.

AP used to assist him, but I guess is too busy with his business so I think Gareth Eakers is assistant now, his son Jacob plays.

Gareth Eakers! Ex-City youngster who didn't make an appearance!

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(09-11-2021, 03:46 PM)Neil Wrote:  Gareth Eakers! Ex-City youngster who didn't make an appearance!
Yep, goalkeeper.
Another Beaufort alumnus too.

He was keeper for my Sunday league team!

(09-11-2021, 09:11 AM)Stable Lad Wrote:  It's a pity that the fixtures are not flagged up so much these days; something else we have perhaps lost on here since AP's decision.  
Agree with the sentiment. But rather than relying on the Club Chairman to provide this information can someone in the know not simply routinely update the 'What's on this week at NMP" thread in the Important Threads section?

The fixtures are all on the club website or link to weekly fixtures to be fair.

(09-11-2021, 05:53 PM)charlie Wrote:  The fixtures are all on the club website or link to weekly fixtures to be fair.
The trouble with the FA website is the variability of KO times, a fair few times the U18’s & U21’s times are different to that stated in the FA site. Obviously this is with the agreement of both clubs & the ref so when this is known can it be posted too?

Charlie is of course correct in this and it would be remiss not to comment about the good work somebody does for the 1st team and the Women's teams to advertise matches on social media.

I'll happily go through the website links and post on the thread above if this helps. My only question though is how reliable is the fixture info on these FA sites and how flexible are they when fixtures change? A genuine question - I have no experience of these links and how good they are. Being an old man of the hills nowadays my recollections of U18 fixtures was while working with Kenny and back then fixtures had a habit of moving around a little, particularly in winter, where games were postponed because of pitches or cup matches or a variety of other reasons. Insider info was key some weeks! Clearly the waterlogged pitch at our end is not an issue but minded for example the Women's league website showed us as being away last week but the fixture was switched to home which we all knew about because of the social media feeds.

So if I post the stuff up each week is there anybody in the know for the 18's and 21's on here who could update the info if needed?

If anybody else more in the know about these things than me would rather post up then I'll very happily step aside.

These U18 games - I've yet to venture out to the 21's - are well worth going to see if you can.