GCAFC vs Farsley Celtic - 13th Nov 2021

(15-11-2021, 04:31 PM)Neil Wrote:  Thanks Doc

that is a dreadful miss by Max
He was definitely put off by, I think it was Harrison but definitely should have done better. Max gave the ball away a lot in that match, but in his defence- I can’t remember a time when he gave it away that he didn’t then work back to cover the inevitable attack that followed.

Good set of photos Neil… in one of them, have you uncovered an illicit Peppa Pig speakeasy?

Just watched the highlights- I assume a replacement for the other used for stats etc after it was damaged- imo superb quality.

Listened to the Farsley manager discussing the game on Youtube. He remarks "we dominated the whole of the game". Not sure which game he was watching, but it didn't look like that from where I was standing! Great to finally get a win.

I watched the games against Bradford Park Avenue and Telford and felt Gloucester deserved to win both. It was good to see them beat Farsley Celtic 2-0 last Saturday - well done Manse, Daf and the team.

(16-11-2021, 03:25 PM)Paul Wrote:  Listened to the Farsley manager discussing the game on Youtube. He remarks "we dominated the whole of the game".  Not sure which game he was watching, but it didn't look like that from where I was standing! Great to finally get a win.
I think there were large periods where they dominated possession.  I think we became a bit passive at times, probably a symptom of the lack of results, nervily hanging on to a precious lead etc.  That being said they really didn't do a lot to hurt us with the possession they had, and when we did attack I thought we looked far more likely to score than they did, so I think to say that they dominated the whole of the game is quite the stretch.  Leicester won a title by being dominated and hitting teams on the break, there are loads of ways to win a football game, and I think any summary which says Farsley dominated the game is terribly one eyed.  Were we utterly dominant, no, but I do feel on balance we edged the game and deserved the win.