The City Open Forum
Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Anything and Everything (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Ex fans ?where are they now .? (/showthread.php?tid=193)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Neil - 03-07-2020

There was a fella, some time in the mid 90's who seemed to have befallen some kind of serious accident and was wrapped in bandages on every part of him that was visible, he wouldn't have been out of place in a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Anyone else recall him?

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Grey beard - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020, 08:48 PM)Neil Wrote:  There was a fella, some time in the mid 90's who seemed to have befallen some kind of serious accident and was wrapped in bandages on every part of him that was visible, he wouldn't have been out of place in a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Anyone else recall him?
  Think his name  was clunes and he fell in to a fire and had one side of his head  and face bandaged not sure his first name was martin ?it could have been his brother but he was mostly called Cluney  if  my memory has it right?have not seen him years. (I think that's what happend  to him.)

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Ray Tango - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020, 09:43 PM)Grey beard Wrote:    Think his name  was clunes and he fell in to a fire and had one side of his head  and face bandaged not sure his first name was martin ?it could have been his brother but he was mostly called Cluney  if  my memory has it right?have not seen him years. (I think that's what happend  to him.)
Doc Martin

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - OldDirtyGlasses - 03-07-2020

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Grey beard - 14-07-2020

(03-07-2020, 08:48 PM)Neil Wrote:  There was a fella, some time in the mid 90's who seemed to have befallen some kind of serious accident and was wrapped in bandages on every part of him that was visible, he wouldn't have been out of place in a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Anyone else recall him?
Neil,the fella that you wanted to know about was in fact called Mark Clunes. Not Martin, and he was injured in a bad car crash  and suffered his injuries. I was all so told by my daughter that he died about 10 or12 years a go after he slipped in the shower and broke his neck.He was a funny and a young dad of two both under 4 years old?he was just getting his self sorted  and growing up so my daughter was telling me. She said it was so tragic and so sad?

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Dommotyger - 15-07-2020

Unfortunately he did have an accident and passed away! Great lad

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Grey beard - 15-07-2020

(15-07-2020, 04:23 PM)Dommotyger Wrote:  Unfortunately he did have an accident and passed away! Great lad
Ya 100% great kid ,like you said  and did not know he had died until last night after talking to my daughter? Sad because he liked his football .

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Grey beard - 15-07-2020

Any one know if simon cox still lives in Gloucester? His named came up last night and was wondering if he was still into the football club?

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - Eric Van Der Floof - 15-07-2020

(15-07-2020, 07:18 PM)Grey beard Wrote:  Any one know if simon cox still lives in Gloucester? His named came up last night and was wondering if he was still into the football club?
Simon is still in Gloucester but not seen him at a game for years

RE: Ex fans ?where are they now .? - T-End is in sight - 21-07-2020

Played skittles against Simon last season, his home alley was the Saintbridge Club.