The City Open Forum
Ground behaviour - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ground behaviour (/showthread.php?tid=837)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ground behaviour - Alex Petheram - 14-09-2021

Morning all,

Following Saturdays game, the club have received a number of complaints about foul and abusive language along with excessively threatening behaviour from a small Minority.

This is not acceptable folks and I’m sure you all agree you wouldn’t want your kids, wives and parents subjected to this. The club will be making a statement on this today as New Meadow Park wasn’t built to be anything other then a safe and enjoyable place.

Please make as much noise as you want, bring drums, balloons, flags whatever  … but songs and abusive behaviour, fuelled and littlered with exceptionally offensive words and behaviour are not welcome.

We are losing support for more then one reason and it’s not all down to pitch based results.

AP

RE: Ground behaviour - Alex Petheram - 03-10-2021

Sadly this friendly warning wasn’t enough … a statement will be coming out shortly from the club, with warnings and banning a issued today / tomorrow.

At a time when everyone should be together we find ourselves internally seemingly self-destructing … yesterday I stood in the away section with players, trust members and fans. That’s the togetherness we need, not the toxic environment somehow that’s developed in a very small percentage.

Fans and true fans are the Lifeblood of this club, but future and new fans won’t want to attend if this isn’t stamped out now. And it will be!

AP

RE: Ground behaviour - Severnside - 03-10-2021

We are all 100% behind you AP.
Sadly we have a handful of mindless idiots who tarnish this club and we are better off without them.
Let's focus on getting results on the pitch getting good crowds back at NMP and success will follow....

RE: Ground behaviour - andy181083 - 03-10-2021

Can we have examples of abusive songs? Any response to Charlie's post about lack of acknowledgement from the players yesterday?

Daveangel - Daveangel - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 11:18 AM)andy181083 Wrote:  Can we have examples of abusive songs? Any response to Charlie's post about lack of acknowledgement from the players yesterday?

Would you want to approach and applaud away fans that you’d heard personal abuse emanating from?

I know i wouldn’t.

RE: Ground behaviour - Neil - 03-10-2021

Hopefully this is dealt with with a firm rap on the knuckles rather than anything serious. Don't know who it is who's in trouble but if they've gone all the way to Folkestone to support the team then that kind of commitment needs to be taken into consideration.

RE: Ground behaviour - charlie - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 11:18 AM)andy181083 Wrote:  Can we have examples of abusive songs? Any response to Charlie's post about lack of acknowledgement from the players yesterday?
Just to say, and I should have included it in my report, the players and staff did clap at full time.

RE: Ground behaviour - Alex Petheram - 03-10-2021

And they clapped all the fans before the game Charlie.

AP

RE: Ground behaviour - charlie - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 11:38 AM)Alex Petheram Wrote:  And they clapped all the fans before the game Charlie.

AP
Harrison and Armstrong did.

RE: Daveangel - Joe - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 11:25 AM)Daveangel Wrote:  Would you want to approach and applaud away fans that you’d heard personal abuse emanating from?

I know i wouldn’t.

My thoughts exactly.