The City Open Forum
On this day - Printable Version

+- The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: The City Open Forum (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The COF (https://thecityopenforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: On this day (/showthread.php?tid=844)

RE: On this day - MrMatt - 29-10-2022

I remember going to that game as a young lad and being amazed that a non league team had an electronic scoreboard!

RE: On this day - Neil - 29-10-2022

Lovely opening goal for City, Ian Howell hit it the defender tried to block it but only wrong footed the goalkeeper as the ball rolled into the empty net. The second was a proper goalmouth scramble.

RE: On this day - Andrew B - 04-11-2022

Monday 4th November 1996.

Gloucester City 3 - 0 Forest Green Rovers.  (Gloucestershire Senior County Cup, Semi Final).     

On this date, Gloucester City were in County Cup action, against Forest Green Rovers. The game, watched by a crowd of 265 at Meadow Park, saw City win 3 - 0.
 The Gloucester goalscorers were, Dale Watkins (2), IT IS ALSO DALES BIRTHDAY TODAY. Happy Birthday. The other goal was an Own Goal.
 Gloucester Manager Leroy Roseniors Team were in the Final.

RE: On this day - Tigermatty 2.0 - 04-11-2022

On this day in 2012 a corrupt referee called off a match

RE: On this day - Andrew B - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 10:34 AM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  On this day in 2012 a corrupt referee called off a match
Leyton Orient? Did the referee (so I heard) consult with Russell Slade (Orient Manager) about the pitch bring unplayable? Before David Mehew could get to the ground, to give his opinion?

RE: On this day - Andrew B - 05-11-2022

We have two different years, where we play the same team at home. Came across something similar before, same date, two different years, we played Rothwell Town away.

5th November 2002.

Gloucester City 2 - 1 Banbury United.  (FA Trophy, 1st Rd).

City faced Banbury United at Meadow Park. Played in front of a crowd of 326, City progressed to the 2nd Rd. The Gloucester goalscorers were, Dave Wilkinson, and Andy Hoskins.

5th November 2005.

Gloucester City 1 - 1 Banbury United.  (Southern League Premier).

Gloucester again faced Banbury United at Meadow Park, this time it was in the league. A crowd of 341 was at this match. Scoring Gloucester's goal was Tom Webb.

RE: On this day - Andrew B - 09-11-2022

(09-11-2021, 01:24 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  9th November 1967.

Wishing former GCAFC player and manager Chris Burns a Very Happy Birthday. Chris was signed by Leroy Rosenior early in the 1996/97 season. He was to prove to be an asset in the midfield, along with Simon Cooper and David Webb.
He was to later become GCAFC manager. When he was appointed, he had to build a team. He got together the ex GCAFC Youth Team players, and formed what was to become a brilliant team. I believe that Chris was the start of our rise to where we are now.
Chris used to play for Portsmouth. He was a member of the 1992 team that reached the FA Cup Semi Final. They played Liverpool in the Semi Final, at Arsenal's Highbury Stadium. Portsmouth had a good team with Darren Anderton, Andy Awford, John Beresford, Guy Whittingham, Kit Symons.

9th November 1967.

One which I did last year, feel it is worth doing again. Wishing a Very Happy Birthday to Chris Burns. Former GCAFC midfielder, and manager, who did well in each role for the Club.

RE: On this day - Andrew B - 14-11-2022

Saturday 14th November 2020.

Gloucester City 4 - 4 Bradford Park (Avenue).  (Vanarama North).

Gloucester City got an entertaining 4 - 4 draw at New Meadow Park, against the opponents from Yorkshire. The match played Behind Closed Doors due to the Pandemic, saw City's goals scored by, Akwasi Asante (2), Matt McClure and Bernard Mensah. 
 In the previous home league match versus AFC Telford Utd, City scored 4. Goalscorers in that match were, Akwasi Asante (2), Matt McClure and Bernard Mensah.

RE: On this day - SHANDY LOVE MACHINE - 14-11-2022

I was there.

Some of the worst weather I've seen a City match played in. It was sheeting down.

IIRC we lost a lead and then went behind before grabbing a second half equaliser?

RE: On this day - Neil - 14-11-2022

The colour of the sky that afternoon!