Favorite player and why
Big Grin 

Not posted a new thread before so here goes
What's your favorite city player and why? Undecided Undecided

Karl Bayliss is up there but I was a massive fan of Andy Mainwaring,he scored a hat-trick in a game which we won 4-3 after coming from behind in pouring rain and the winning goal was a lob from about 25 yards and he knee slid in front of the T-END.
More recently Lewis Hogg who I saw play a few times as he had quality but liked a hard tackle.
Dale Watkins was the best striker easily,never missed!

A favourite player of mine is Jimmy Cox. A player that was tough and could get past players with his strength. A scorer of good goals, would be good if we had him now at his peak in the National League North.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

Doug foxwell for me,he had it all.strength,speed goals,trickery and could head the ball.what he proberlyl lacked was ambishion for me could have gone to do so much more in football?

Only 2 out of the 6 aforementioned players make their way onto the City Legends Top Trumps pack - which shows the quality we've had down the years

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Dave Porter. Only played a few games but was majestically skilful.

Gary Kemp was a proper defender.
Steve Mockler made some flamboyant saves and used to have some great banter with home and away fans,A lot of the time away fans would applaud him.

Steve Mokler was the kind of goalkeeper who did well against us but didn't look so good when you saw him every week!

(31-05-2020, 02:33 PM)Neil Wrote:  Steve Mokler was the kind of goalkeeper who did well against us but didn't look so good when you saw him every week!
He used to remind me of that Italian keeper “Paliuka” the non league version...

(31-05-2020, 01:35 PM)Neil Wrote:  Dave Porter. Only played a few games but was majestically skilful.

When the said man beat the CTFC full back and crossed for Karl Baylis to head in at Whaddon Rd and silence several thousand will stay with me forever.

To answer the thread directly- it depends how long you have been watching GCFC we have got through a lot of players in 52yrs of watching. I have to agree in its totality the Doug Foxwell entry. He was almost the complete player and very modest with it.