Ex-Players thread

Well the thread on the old COF ran for about 60+ pages so thought I'd start off again

Lewis Hall and JMW have both signed for Weston to add to their collection of former City players

Are Weston going to rename Glos City Vets

Nat Jarvis and Luke Hopper released by Chippenham yesterday.

Surprised at Nat Jarvis. He seemed to score regularly last season.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

(07-05-2020, 12:37 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Surprised at Nat Jarvis. He seemed to score regularly last season.

Not me, he always had an eye for goal

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

(07-05-2020, 12:37 PM)Daveangel Wrote:  Surprised at Nat Jarvis. He seemed to score regularly last season.
Could be the same reason we released MJ(Marlon Jackson) Tongue

What was the reason that we released Marlon?

Has Luke Hopper actually pulled up any trees since he left us? He struggled in the half season when he signed then was a world beater the following season but since he moved has regressed to that half season.

(07-05-2020, 02:42 PM)Neil Wrote:  What was the reason that we released Marlon?

Has Luke Hopper actually pulled up any trees since he left us? He struggled in the half season when he signed then was a world beater the following season but since he moved has regressed to that half season.
Couldn’t be furloughed as out of contract I believe.

I saw the Chester manager bring this up on twitter. I think the issue here is semi-pro players getting paid a living wage and some of them living a life of leisure to go along with it. Same as the director at one of my firms that I spoke to, if he was furloughed he'd be on 80% of a pittance because his money is made in bonuses.

I have to say I'm pleased to be on a regular wage!

Two former City loan players in Luke Maxwell and Dan Sweeney released from Solihull Moors

https://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/r...34457.html