Tim Horton's

Anybody been to give it a try yet?

With 2/3rd of our house being all or part Canadian there was quite a bit of excitement when we saw they were moving in.  They are an 'institution' over in Canada and you can find them all over the place.  The 'double double' even made it's way into the Canadian dictionary - it's a coffee with two lots of cream and sugar!!  The coffee over there at least is always good and 'Tim bits' small donuts a bit of a treat. Hopefully the brand will travel well.

We are not short of coffee chains in Gloucester to be fair!  We popped down to try it earlier and could not believe how busy it was so we went home and will try again when the initial rush has died down.

I wonder if any of you on here remember the excitement way way back when McDonalds rolled into town for the first time?  I remember, vaguely, back then there was also a place down Eastgate and quite close to what was then Corkers Wine Bar where on an evening you could get a flame grilled burger which was always a bit of a treat after an evening sampling the wares of the local pubs (Corkers was a bit too posh for us!!).  Happy days

I went to Proper Job on the day TH's opened and it was very busy then. I had the nicest sandwich I've ever had at TH's in Kingston, Ontario in 1994.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

(20-11-2021, 08:11 PM)Neil Wrote:  I went to Proper Job on the day TH's opened and it was very busy then. I had the nicest sandwich I've ever had at TH's in Kingston, Ontario in 1994.

What was the filling?

I’m proud to say i bought Penno the most disgusting sandwich ever at a service station on the M6. Big Grin

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

My best buddy of over 50 years was born in Canada and had raved about TH's for years. almost blubbed when I told him they were opening in glos. I was in Leicester last weekend and missed the home game but did give them a go up there. The coffee was great. I mean really good. I also had the Honey Crugar Doughnut I'd heard so much about. That had a different texture, but was very sweet and er, doughnuty. I'll definatley be having a coffee again at the Gloucester branch now it's open. My other half told me someone had queued 13 hours to be the first customer. Apparently they got free coffee for a year for that. Seems a bit desperate to me, i'd have expected a free flight to Canada for that. Ay?

Professional Worky Ticket

I popped in the other day, the dark roast coffee with cream was very nice I will be getting that again. Tried a value breakfast wrap meal, it’s cheaper than McDonalds but I wasn’t overly impressed with the hash brown which is the cornerstone of the meal, it’s not the same quality as a McDonald’s hash brown and appeared to be oven baked rather than deep fried.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

Where is it?

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

Where Pizza Hut used to be on Eastern Ave

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

(21-11-2021, 12:44 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  I popped in the other day, the dark roast coffee with cream was very nice I will be getting that again. Tried a value breakfast wrap meal, it’s cheaper than McDonalds but I wasn’t overly impressed with the hash brown which is the cornerstone of the meal, it’s not the same quality as a McDonald’s hash brown and appeared to be oven baked rather than deep fried.

For some reason this reminded me of Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Tiger Roar is always your friend http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/fixtures20232024.php

Comprehensive City press cutting archive http://www.tigerroar.co.uk/cuttings.php

Sorry for the lateness of this message. I met up with Phil Gough for a pre-match latte at the start of the year. It was at the start of the year on a Sunday.
 We met there before I drove Phil onto the 'Battle of the Balls' Charity fixture.
 It looked fairly empty inside, a member of staff was at the door saying something (I think) along the lines of, we could not sit inside. We said we were just getting a coffee to take out. We joined the queue inside, and took the drinks, sat outside Tim Hortons.
 It was a very nice latte.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

We've been a few times now and have been able to sit inside. The madness and crowds post opening have long gone. Breakfast bagel a fav of mine and coffee good. A little piece of Canada just down the road works v well in our house