First football memory?

What was the first moment you decided football was your sport?
I was probably about 5 or 6 and their was a match on TV in the snow with an orange ball which vaguely remember it being Tottenham Vs Sheffield Wednesday I remember being hooked,I've looked up on YouTube the match between them in the snow and it seems to match the dates with my age,I got my parents to take me to my local football club and the rest is history as they say!

FA Cup Final 1978 - Roger Osbourne's scuffed shot for underdogs Ipswich v Arsenal. From that moment on I was hooked, although cannot remmeber watching any of the subsequent World Cup Finals.

I think what cemented it was collecting football card packs with bubble gum purchase (or other way around) thanks to my grandparents wallet - first one John Mahoney of Stoke. That made me interested in stats, but runied my teeth......

I took an interest in football quite late on. I played it at School, but wasn't good/too interested in playing it.
 I can remember being round at my Aunties house, with my Mum, Dad and Sister. This was at the time of Italia 90. We were visiting my Auntie, and a match was on the TV. I believe it was Belgium v England. I think it was on in the background, we were giving it glances here and there.
 I began to take an interest in it, as it was England, and it was a Big Competition that they were playing in. I believe we drew the Match 1 - 1? David Platt scored a fantastic goal, think he scored from a volley.
 After that game, I was hooked on England, and watched the rest of there matches. Was to ultimately end in heartache, as Chris Waddle and Stuart Pearce have penalties missed/saved in a penalty shootout against Germany? I think that was the 3rd Place Playoff. England had some fantastic players, Des Walker, Stuart Pearce, Bryan Robson, Daxid Platt, an emerging Paul Gascoigne, Peter Beardsley, Gary Lineker, amongst others. I liked the Manager, Bobby Robson, seemed to be a calm, well respected person.
 This was my first taste of experiencing the highs, and ultimate lows of supporting England.

Andrew Adebowale, Hannah, Hoskins, Kirkup, Mainwaring, Tucker, Wollen.
 Danny ANDREW, Jake ANDREWS.

(01-06-2022, 07:57 AM)Andrew B Wrote:  I took an interest in football quite late on. I played it at School, but wasn't good/too interested in playing it.
 I can remember being round at my Aunties house, with my Mum, Dad and Sister. This was at the time of Italia 90. We were visiting my Auntie, and a match was on the TV. I believe it was Belgium v England. I think it was on in the background, we were giving it glances here and there.
 I began to take an interest in it, as it was England, and it was a Big Competition that they were playing in. I believe we drew the Match 1 - 1? David Platt scored a fantastic goal, think he scored from a volley.
 After that game, I was hooked on England, and watched the rest of there matches. Was to ultimately end in heartache, as Chris Waddle and Stuart Pearce have penalties missed/saved in a penalty shootout against Germany? I think that was the 3rd Place Playoff. England had some fantastic players, Des Walker, Stuart Pearce, Bryan Robson, Daxid Platt, an emerging Paul Gascoigne, Peter Beardsley, Gary Lineker, amongst others. I liked the Manager, Bobby Robson, seemed to be a calm, well respected person.
 This was my first taste of experiencing the highs, and ultimate lows of supporting England.

That David Platt volley was the the first game I remember watching in the pub. The swansong of the Flying Machine in Brockworth.

They demolished it shortly after.

Sticking around a while yet, thanks to a gift from a generous angel.

My first memory of anything is a hazy recollection of my Dad watching the 1966 WC Final on the TV. I've a much clearer recollection of the first goal I scored; on the playing field at my Somerset primary school. It was break time, the game had to dodge between all of the other kids playing other games and running about. The ball came to me, I shot and the ball went in the top corner of the net....which was actually the tall chain fence surrounding the playing field. I can remember being very happy!!

First match I ever saw was in 1969; Yeovil Town then of the Southern League V Shrewsbury in the First Round of the FA Cup at the old Huish Ground - that of the famous slope. Ron Flowers the ex England International played for Shrewsbury. Yeovil were our local side.

Italia 90 although I remember my mum collecting the coins from the petrol station for me more clearly than any of the matches.

1977 FA Cup Final, Liverpool v Man U, Liverpool, lost and I remember going out on my Rayleigh bike for a ride and cried - since then I have always been a Liverpool supporter (chose them as they had nice red shirts - I was very young!)

Leeds v Villa in the 1996 League Cup Final

Whilst I was aware of football, with Paul Gascoigne at the forefront of it in 1990 and 1991, the first game I remember sitting to watch was the Liverpool v Portsmouth FA Cup semi-final in 1992. I remember it being this epic thing, and all my family putting 50p in the pot for guess the score. I vividly remember putting 2-1 to Portsmouth, and when asking a family member who they supported they said anyone but Liverpool.

I then remember Leeds winning the league and Liverpool winning the FA Cup against Sunderland. I was fully hooked from then onwards.

(02-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Si Robin Wrote:  I remember the Liverpool v Portsmouth FA Cup semi-final in 1992. 

The day Chris Burns was minutes away from Wembley...........