Fylde 12.30pm Saturday

Disappointing result but thought our opponents edged the game. Very much enjoyed seeing our new lads attacking at pace; indeed it was such a run that lead to the goal. Exciting

The Ref missed some big calls for both sides. Disappointing

Half time cheesy chips excellent

Didn't see Neil. Hope all is OK.

(03-12-2022, 04:14 PM)Tigermatty 2.0 Wrote:  Wasn’t impressed with the way we let them back in, or the referees performance, but I though Fylde probably deserved the win and were the better team, they missed several chances and we could have been a couple behind at half time. Great goal by us though.
Reckon that sums it up well. Annoying that the ref has missed a blatant foul leading to the first, but it felt more a matter of when and not if they would score. 

We all like to moan about refs but that today was utterly shocking, completely lost control of the game at times, seemed to veer between giving everything to giving absolutely nothing, shocking handling of the inevitable time wasting tactics at the end, could go on.

Thought there was a very visible gap in quality between the two sides today.  Not sure how much of that was due to better players, and how much was better tactics and style of play.  They were much better in possession than us, and it seemed very unlikely we’d hold on to the lead.

Personally I didn’t think the ref had anything to do with the result. New signing Phillips totally anonymous in the middle - produced/prevented nothing. The two wingers ( I can’t find a on line team sheet to provide names) did not track back at all throughout the game. Both despite a few flashes average at least.

Missing Spence and Tommy in the middle- Andrews not the answer - Leadbitter playing out of position.

Great team goal.

Nugent immense my man of the match.

Frustrating afternoon.

Doesn't feel like we won a single header from our corners/free kicks - the ball seemed to go straight back to Fylde every single time.

Disappointed we didn't pull the trigger sooner a few times as well. When we had the ball on the ground and were running with it, we looked pretty good, but all too often we never got a shot away.

Great goal, but a real shame we dropped off after that.

Onto the next one...

I thought it was pretty even first half. Start of the 2nd half we didn’t get going at all. Then we scored and thought that would push us on. Instead it had the opposite effect-we didn’t compete and dropped too deep. Agree with Gladfans re Andrew’s-poor performance for the time he was on the pitch.
PS- not sure SK and 1 or 2 others in the dugout got the memo from AP about the correct type of footwear to wear on the artificial turf:-)

Well worked goal by us, but truth is they dominated the game for the greater part. Goal keeper made some good saves but on a number of occasions banged the ball up the field, to their players, rather than passing it out to ours. We gave the ball away too many times when we should have kept possession.

I am not criticising anyone in particular because I know there are a small number of people trying to cover everything that needs to be done, but, it was disappointing not to get a match programme today:-(

(03-12-2022, 06:32 PM)Traud1 Wrote:  I am not criticising anyone in particular because I know there are a small number of people trying to cover everything that needs to be done, but, it was disappointing not to get a match programme today:-(

Don't clubs always have to provide a programme?

I thought Fylde were really good today all over the pitch. And to our credit we matched them for most of the match. Until we scored at least, after which we sat back and let them play, and they found 2 extra gears and pulled us apart.

Great goal we scored. Lovely assist from MM, and good finish by Dom.

Disappointed to see Tre not get on til the 90th minute. Didn't think either of the new wingers showed much abd we needed a goal.

If we play like that against most teams we'll be picking up points more often than not.