Extended Programme Notes

The old T end was built by two fencing contractors I believe using rudimentary materials.
The steps were small with hardly enough room to put your feet on. The new Version is more shallow but with plenty of room, ease of access for all with a perimeter barrier and I believe a barrier in front of the terraces.It is maintenance free under the latest technology LED lights, pitch and two excellent seated stands.
All this save for a small grant has been financed by two individuals out of their own back pocket.
FFS lets get the job done at least before the critics sharpen their pencils.
It’s not Wembley, FGR or anybody else’s...it’s ours.If you don’t like it..don’t come!

Now now settle down children.

Thanks for the update Alex. Some really positive things going on. Especially like the academy trials run by the players.

Regarding the ground, the seated stands look better than old Meadow Park, and the bar as its terrace look to be a big improvement too. However, the T-End point is valid I reckon. Personally I was never expecting it to be anywhere near as big as the old T-End. A few years ago I wasn't expecting anything covered at all. To me the terrace running the length of the pitch is great, and I'm not too bothered by the height. What concerns me is the gap that's twice as wide as the stand between the stand and the barrier. Is this necessary? Can't we just drag the stand forward 15 foot? Otherwise people will lean on the barrier and block the view of the those on the steps. I can't think of any other grounds that have such a wide gap.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it's a place I intend to spend a decent proportion of the rest of my life, so I'm offering constructive suggestions to help make it as good as possible.

Myself and others (I assume) genuinely are grateful for all the ongoing work and getting us home, but I don't think that means we can't offer suggestions and feedback. What's the point of a forum if people can't express their points of view?

I never stood in the T end at the old ground and I wont be standing in the new T end. I will be seated in one of the new stands at every home game where you can watch the whole game and not just half. Sorry for you Darren you wont be in either because you just don't support city any more..

(30-06-2020, 07:39 PM)Kengreen Wrote:  I never stood in the T end at the old ground and I wont be standing in the new T end. I will be seated in one of the new stands at every home game where you can watch the whole game and not just half. Sorry for you Darren you wont be in either because you just don't support city any more..
For my sins Ken I will always be a city supporter. From what I’ve heard from people who have been to the ground the seats could be the best place to watch the game from so that might well be where I end up watching games from. Worth pointing out it wasn’t me who mentioned about the massive gap in the first place. Apart from the 3G pitch I have stayed away from what the ground looks like. As your son says people should feel free to disagree and raise a genuine point which is what was done on the other thread but Alex chooses to not give the people who raised it a right to reply. He clearly still reads the forum so why can’t he post here and we can have a sensible debate about it

Darren

FFS read what Alex put the depth between the pitch and the stand is a new requirement for players safety, look at Evesham!

If you are a CIty supporter why are you negative about everything that has happened, i think that you are a jealous Evesham supporter!

(30-06-2020, 08:35 PM)GME Wrote:  Darren

FFS read what Alex put the depth between the pitch and the stand is a new requirement for players safety, look at Evesham!

If you are a CIty supporter why are you negative about everything that has happened, i think that you are a jealous Evesham supporter!
Just haven’t seen other new grounds have such a big gap. I think people have more of an issue with the gap between the terracing and the fence though.

I don't give a monkey's uncle. We're coming home, and I thank the Good Lord.

And Alex.

10 out of 10 for footballing zen

Same person I reckon Shandy I bet he could walk on water for city if you asked him to.

I don’t care if the T-End is covered with deck chairs, I’m just happy not to be spending another winter at Evesham!

There must be a minimum of 1.83 metres between the touchline, goal line and pitch perimeter barrier. NB for Grade A a minimum of 2.25 metres is required. In the case of a new stadium the minimum must be 3 metres.